Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWRemodeler

LWRemodeler

Hi everybody,

Just to quick update on what's happening with LWRemodeler. I found a way to temporarily hijack LW's opengl viewports so now I can use InstantMeshes's shaders for rendering the interactive polygon flow tools. This works much better than the old way of having to make opengl calls through LW's SDK

Here's a quick demo

So sick. Can't wait!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

So cool, well done Steve.
    How is speed with hi-poly? any speedup or big slowdowns due that "hijack" ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Does this happen to work with crazy, horrible Cad models, or solid works models? .stl ?

Looks like A & E ( accident & Emergency)

re-assembler for bad-low & damaged Models!

Can't wait , Well Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    So cool, well done Steve.
    How is speed with hi-poly? any speedup or big slowdowns due that "hijack" ?
    Speed with high-poly meshes is definitely not "Instant" but pretty amazing considering how much work it's dong. Being able to use the InstantMeshes custom gpu shaders is definitely a speedup compared to having to ask LW to do the rendering via the SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Does this happen to work with crazy, horrible Cad models, or solid works models? .stl ?
    It's not going to work well with mal-formed meshes. It's designed to work best with watertight manifold triangle meshes That just means that each triangle edge is shared by exactly 2 triangles.

It does handle non-manifold meshes gracefully though ... it just doesn't render any triangles that fail the test.

Hmm. I'd be interested to see sometime. Just as a step to get a bad model import to a better stage. Then fix the rest by hand.

Hoping to release sometime today!. Here's the current workflow demo

That is very very cool Steve, I've been doing som3 serious retopo lately (3D photo scans of 5-8 million polys) and this looks like very interesting product for such jobs. Does it transfer UVs also?
    RAM-Studio

Surface reconstruction can only be an approximation, since the re-mesh generated by Instant-Meshes does not contain any of the original vertices or polygons. It's more like a new skin that gets fitted over the original mesh. The algorithm I came up with seems to work pretty well in most cases though.

Basic surfaces work
    Standard UV's work pretty well
    And other kinds of VMaps like color and weight maps seem to work

Unfortunately discontinuous UV's are a special case that I haven't been able to come up with a good solution for yet. If I do, it will be in a free update to LWRemodeler. Here's an example of what you might see now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DISCO.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	135935  

Thanks for info Steve. OFC some cuting corner has to happen due such big reduction in data/points

Can you try VPR with tat character in scene. I'm interested to see will those seam glitches be visible on render also or is just OGL issue?

Thanks
    RAM-Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Thanks for info Steve. OFC some cuting corner has to happen due such big reduction in data/points

Can you try VPR with tat character in scene. I'm interested to see will those seam glitches be visible on render also or is just OGL issue?

Thanks
    Definitely in the Render too. I know what's going on but I can't figure out how to fix it yet.

LWRemodeler is shipping

Hi everyone, we're pleased to announce that LWRemodeler is shipping

LWRemodeler is an integrated Layout tool for interactively retopologizing your LightWave objects using the Instant Meshes technology from IGL

LWRemodeler has 2 modes for generating a new mesh. The Extract mode lets you quickly extract a new mesh in 1 step. This is great when you don't need to edit the polygon flow and when you want to quickly determine how far you can decimate a mesh without losing it's important details. The Edit mode allows you to interactively paint and edit polygon flow and edge placement. It's especially useful for taking hi-res 3D scanned meshes and converting them into something useful for your animation/rendering pipeline.

LWRemodeler offers surface reconstruction that supports LW VMaps. Currently discontinuous UV's are not fully supported but we hope to have a solution available in a future maintenance patch.

LWRemodeler is on sale now until February 14 for $29 while supplies last.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast