Thread: Looking for a 3Play 820 Used

Looking for a 3Play 820 Used

Looking to upgrade from my 330 to a machine with more camera inputs. The 425 and 440 won't work for me because I will outgrow the 4 inputs quickly. The 4800 price point is out of our budget. Seeing if there is anything available for the 820.

Are you actually doing replay, or do you just need to capture all of those extra sources for another purpose?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Actually doing replay!
    Ownership was at some league meetings earlier this week and started asking about how we can create a replay system for the referees. Right now we have three total broadcast cameras. We would need to add two more (one above each goal) in order to do referee replay. My plan is to give the officials my 3Play 330 and give them three camera angles (1 above each goal and a wide shot). So we would need a new replay machine for the broadcast. I was offered a great deal on a used 4800 but the price tag is still more than ownership wants to spend, so I am hoping to find an older model that costs less that still gives me the camera inputs I need.

Understood. I appreciate your budget limitations. Pity, because one of the main reasons 4800 includes DSKs is to allow you to lay a clock shot over the views sent to officials (rather than burning the clock in as in some other systems). It's independent NDI output support makes adding views around the venue a breeze, too.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

One of my frustrations with our current scoreboard software, ProPresenter, is that I don't have any way of intercepting the data sent from the scorekeeper to the scoreboard into any application aside from ProPresenter.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....t=#post1494582