Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living Room

Living Room

Trying to get up to speed with Marvelous Designer. Sofa, pillows, blanket and rug all created with Modeler and MD. The room was made ad hoc super quick using simple geometry made in Layout. Native LW render with some post in PS and On1 PhotoRAW. Comments welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoffeeTableAndSofa.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	135608

Name:	LW_Room.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	915.4 KB 
ID:	135609
    Last edited by Snosrap; 01-13-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Looks excellent. The only thing I'd say is that the bump (if it is a bump) on the settee seems a bit too heavy. Maybe half strength of what it is now. It just looks a bit hard and too deep a weave, draws the eye too much.
    But really, all good beyond that, very natural finish to the creases and seams (which is what I assume you are really demonstrating ). Nice.

Amazing results. MD must be a user friendly app but I just noticed the same with Substance painter. These modern 3D softwares are working for the user not against us.

Very nice.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Thanks fellas! MD is really cool, I just wish my PC had more power. MD used to have sync button but now the pattern making and simulation are always synced, making for a slow go of creation.

I love the surfaces on the cloth and carpet, what nodes did you end up using? Or did you even use nodes. I notice that the sofa material almost seems to be catching a rim lighting, so I'm interested in what surface treatment you used for that.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    I love the surfaces on the cloth and carpet, what nodes did you end up using? Or did you even use nodes. I notice that the sofa material almost seems to be catching a rim lighting, so I'm interested in what surface treatment you used for that.
    Really not much to it. An incidence gradient in the diffuse channel.

Very nice Tim, looks great.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

I like, really well done.

Frequenter
    Like it a lot! :-) Executed very well. What I really dig in particular is the scarf or blanket (?) that is so loosely draped over the sofa... Is that also placed there by MD? Or "manually"?
    If I had to crit on something then it would be that I get the feeling that the dark/shady areas get a bounce or two to less light, but thats just nitpicking...You diid a great job on all ends there!

Great render!
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Like it a lot! :-) Executed very well. What I really dig in particular is the scarf or blanket (?) that is so loosely draped over the sofa... Is that also placed there by MD? Or "manually"?
    The blanket was placed on the sofa with MD's little "hand" that can grab the fabric and move it around. On my hardware it's not the fastest simulation so it takes a lot of patience. The tassels on the ends of the blanket are instances as are the fibers on the carpet.

Name:	MD_Sim.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	384.6 KB 
ID:	135652

Name:	Instances.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	135653

Can you go into detail about the carpet fiber, not so much the instancing, but the material and geometry of an actual fiber, I'm just interested to see one of those on its own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast