Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Arrival in Spinland

Looks awesome, a bit like FZs “switchmater” guitar (now that I know the switch functions).......so how does she sound?
    Don't be a dink get some ink

The tonal options that work? Sounds like a choir of angels needs to come to us for lessons. The ones that are not-so-much? Sound like *** and a wipe is too good for it.

Heh.

I'm in the process of re-wiring the circuit to remove the settings that didn't work and leave the ones that do. I love this guitar so very much!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    The ones that are not-so-much? Sound like *** and a wipe is too good for it.

It's all but done. The head guy at my local guitar shop does CNC on the side and made me a transparent pick guard; gonna try that and see whether the look appeals to me. He thinks the wood grain is too gorgeous to cover up and I agree enough to be willing to give it a try. I'll possibly also make a custom headstock decal for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spincaster_10feb2018.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	861.3 KB 
ID:	140056

I'm taking a lesson with him on Tuesday and I'll be leaving it there for a full fret dressing and leveling. That's one chore I'm just as happy to let someone else handle. The Warmoth neck is great but no neck comes out of a factory with perfect fretting, not that I've seen.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Ok “Spinny” a bit of a throw down for ya.
    How would you represent your musicacal tastes in 3D (LW obviously)
    I know that your skills are far above mine so I won’t even try to weigh in on this, plus I am taking the mantle of “shop steward” in our Federal Union workplace ( read that as fighting big brother) so I will be busy for a bit.
    More of a curiousity than anything else, I do have some conceptual ideas myself but it would be intersting to see what you have.
    Oh if the answer is “F off DB” cool man I get it, no offence taken, I totally understand.

That's a cool idea but, alas, I also am hella busy these days so there's rarely even time to practice guitar, let alone work fun side 3D projects. Let me back burner this challenge until sometime after June 1st when my current gigs finalize and I can catch my breath. I like it, just can't support it right now.

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Let’s kick a bit of life into this thread.

If you get the chance (no matter where you live), if they are playing in your town, go see Steel Panther (unless of course you are offended by, well pretty much anything)

Saw them St Paddys day in a 1000 seater club in downtown Vancouver........holy ukfay Batman they just killed it.

Life isn’t just sitting in front of a computer screen, go out an mix with the animals, you won’t regret it.

That’s it, now retu4n to your regular programming.

I would post a video but I think Steve may block it....or not he is a good **** and very tolerant.

Let’s see how tolwrant.....https://youtu.be/0RlokpbOSOo

Wow, it's been forever since I was on this site! Client work has me crazy busy, and it's all 2015.3 work; no time to get 2018 into the flow and one never changes version in the midst of a project. I'm always in the midst of a project these days.

Guitar-wise, my Spincaster is amazing and I love it more every day. I modded the dog snot out of my Memphis 335, including a no-sh** Bigsby B7 vibrato bridge, and I just added a Memphis ES-LP semi-hollow to my stable. Gearing up for a week long blues jam in the Adirondacks in July, then a week-long guitar festival in Monterey in August. Picked up an Eleven Rack as my travel amp/effects box and loving it.

Sorry so terse, leaving later today and will be out of town for a couple of days and busting a** go get some client render drafts out the door today. Moar soon!

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789