Thread: Christmas animated short made in Lightwave

Christmas animated short made in Lightwave

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to share with you my last work in animation. "Scary Merry Christmas" is funny animated 3D short where I had the opportunity to work as Animator, Music Composer and Soud Designer. Modeling animation and rendering 100% made in LW.
    The film was directed and produced by Erick Tran (known for his work on The Simpsons)

Critic and comments are very appreciated!...Enjoy it and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Watch Here:
    https://youtu.be/2_CS2YTv_Xk

Regards,
    Carlos Vivas
    (Composer/Animator)
    www.carlosvivas.com

Most excellent! I love the sense of fun and the settings!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    Most excellent! I love the sense of fun and the settings!
    Thank you Spinland!

JUST WONDERING ABOUT YOUR TREES -I NOTICED the leaves WERE SQUARE, i RAN INTO A CLIPPING PROBLEM WITH MY LEAF TRANSPARENCIES AWHILE BACK. iT WAS A BUG IN LW.
    IF YOUR USING A LEAF CUTOUT - you should get nice leaf cutouts, but the bug kills the transparency - it was something that was happening in the nodes set up.

SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO.

GOOD PRODUCTION VALUE. Fun

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    JUST WONDERING ABOUT YOUR TREES -I NOTICED the leaves WERE SQUARE, i RAN INTO A CLIPPING PROBLEM WITH MY LEAF TRANSPARENCIES AWHILE BACK. iT WAS A BUG IN LW.
    IF YOUR USING A LEAF CUTOUT - you should get nice leaf cutouts, but the bug kills the transparency - it was something that was happening in the nodes set up.

SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO.

GOOD PRODUCTION VALUE. Fun

Thank you Vonpietro, appreciate your comment!...Yes, there's probably a couple of shots where you can fully notice the shape of the leaves; The opening shot and the one with the Heebes high jump in slow motion. The first one was in fact the very last shot we rendered in the movie. It was a long shot (about 1300 frames I believe) So due to time constraints with the deadline we decided to leave them like that since rendering the leaves with an image and transparency would probably raise our rendertimes a lot. I remember I had the same situation on another project a while ago and render times went up like crazy. So I avoid that situation this time since we had to deliver the final product in a matter of hours to that last rendering section.
    I remember that clipping transparency problem you are talking about in Lightwave but I believe that bug was fixed.

Regards