Thread: adding 6TB media drive disables internal "D:\" drive

adding 6TB media drive disables internal "D:\" drive

this is a new-ish 460 Advance Edition- a standard Western Digital "black" drive was installed into the TC460 drive bay- when the system was booted up the new 6TB drive showed up fine in Windows disk management but the original D:\ media drive is now missing- not "offline" or anything else but NOT listed in Disk Management-
    un-mounting and removing the new 6TB drive from the front drive bay and restarting the 460 the internal D:\ returned

this is a "stock" TC 460- there are no other drives attached. I am suspecting that the cabling internally might have not been configured correctly (?)
    has anyone else had this problem?

thanks in advance

I would contact support on this. If the unit does require service they will be able to help you. I've not personally tried a 6TB drive in a 460. Have you tried anything smaller, I've used 2TB drives in the 460 unit I have. Not saying that 6TB should work but might be good to test with another drive if you have one first.

http://newtek.com/support/get-support
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

thanks very much Kane- I am very curious what is the largest capacity drive that users have installed with success-
    (the 6TB drives was not my choice but the only drive provided by management... ug! -ask someone first!!)

thanks all

Newegg had a special deal on Toshiba 5TB 7200rpm 128MB buffer which I have now used successfully in both my TC460AE2 and TC455