Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Cycles for Lightwave ? Tip and trick ?

R. I. P lw

Frequenter
    Come on guys. Let´s keep this in relation. No offense, 3dslider, but did anyone who followed this thread honestly expect much there?
    It is quite obvious that the approach was based - very likely - on a lot of enthusiasm and probably passion but also possibly maybe - if you read through the posts earlier in this thread - also a bit naīve in regards to his own judgement of the challenge... Sorry, if I might come across a bit harsh...

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    R. I. P lw
    what ? why ? Use Octane and praise "the saint octane" Juan ...

One pricey and convoluted GPU option for LW could be via Polyrans the Redshift Cinema 4D plugin. But given full Octane cost anyway, maybe not a crazy expensive alternative, which might suit some users in some situations, and Redshift licensing is simpler in my view.

Also, it was said a while ago that Newtek was looking at the AMD Prorender (though not promised).

Last edited by TheLexx; 01-13-2020 at 06:00 AM.

R. I. P lw
    Come on, I think that's a bit extreme. I wish people would lighten up a bit in here.
    Go to the Facebook page and look at the cool work people are doing

No disrespect to the original poster, and all the work he's done on Cycles for LW, but we've seen no renders or videos of the progress... and although it would have been awesome, we all knew that it may not happen.

Also, most software has outdated and bad documentation for their SDKs, look at Viktor and his reasons for not continuing LWCAD for 3dsMax.
    I'm pretty sure if the original poster contacted the developers to ask information on the SDK they'd be forthcoming.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    It is quite obvious that the approach was based - very likely - on a lot of enthusiasm and probably passion but also possibly maybe - if you read through the posts earlier in this thread - also a bit naīve in regards to his own judgement of the challenge... Sorry, if I might come across a bit harsh...
    Yeah one of the best ways to learn is to give yourself a project. Kudos to 3dslider for his efforts and maybe as his skills increase, SDK improves and the documentation for said SDK improves - he'll be back and give it a go at later date or give us something else really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Come on guys. Let´s keep this in relation. No offense, 3dslider, but did anyone who followed this thread honestly expect much there?
    Not harsh, exactly what I was thinking. I didn't see much possibility that this would result in a usable product with his approach and expertise.

As for LW let's wait and see, I have a feeling that we may see a release within the next couple of days or at least weeks (but that's just another assumption).

Just an update on Octane Render 2019, it is now available as a monthly rental for 20 $/€, billed monthly. There is a free demo for LW and a free plugin for Unreal Engine. Still needs a modern Nvidia card (2013 or newer). Use the free demo and rent when needed monthly for a professional plugin with support, is not a bad deal. Especially when Octane has frequent large updates, like adding RTX support and adding support for other cards in the upcoming Octane X version (alpha version shown on Twitter running on Mac/AMD).

rtx makes a huge difference

Don't foreget to REMiND LW3dg of THAT FACT!

Nah, just a 20% speed boost in the current Octane beta with RTX on those scenes, see the 3rd post here: https://mobile.twitter.com/OTOY

About 20-50% faster in Blender Cycles, while GPU vs CPU offers 80%
    https://code.blender.org/2019/07/acc...ng-nvidia-rtx/

rtx makes a huge difference
    It depends very much on the scene, RTX can be a huge boost or give almost no improvement depending what is rendered.

The Redshift developers explained in detail where RTX brings performance improvements and in which amount but I think that information is in the customers-only section of the forum.

Just for the info and this might interest you, I worked a few years ago in parallel of Cycles for Lightwave, a 3D open source software called Blackdot which will look like Softimage XSI in futur! It's crazy isn't it? (why didn't I say that before ?! I know I know xD) I am currently working for the modeler and the rendering which will be integrated with Cycles
    By the way the animation is under study and not yet implemented so later when my heavily dev will go forward.

My FB Page is dedicated fully to Blackdot from my dev

I hope you will like this as well.

Happy day !

There is a renderer for Daz and Poser called Reality developed by Paolo Ciccone. Of particular interest:-
    -Use GPU and CPU acceleration at the same time.
    -Use GPUs from nVidia, AMD, or other brands, and you can mix them together.

Clicking the links and viewing the galleries give an idea.
    Reality 4.3 - Poser Edition
    Reality 4.3 - DAZ Studio Edition
    Mastering the Reality Plugin for Photo Realistic Images

Since September last year Reality has become open source software.
    http://preta3d.com/reality-now-open-source-software/

Interestingly enough, it is stated:-
    The good news is that Reality is designed to work with multiple hosts and multiple renderers.
    The system itself is not tied to LuxRender.
    You want to make Reality run as a plugin for Blender or Modo? That requires just a bit of Python code on the host app.
    You want to take the Eevee code from Blender and connect it to Reality? It can be done.
    Is it "easy" to be working with Lightwave ?

I would aim to luxcore itself, if cycles is good, luxcore is better.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast