Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycles for Lightwave ? Tip and trick ?

creacon
    One more thing, if you really want to integrate an external renderer, try Embree.
    It's on my todo list, but if you do it, I don't have to ;-)

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    One more thing, if you really want to integrate an external renderer, try Embree.

creacon
    Hi Creacon,

Any news on your 'Fluids 4 LW' , any thoughts?

creacon
    Came back from vacation, loads of work to do, now catching up so I'll get to it pretty soon.
    Just have to figure out where I left of first :-)

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Hi Creacon,

Any news on your 'Fluids 4 LW' , any thoughts?

If you want to know how I started in c++ with the Lightwave SDK:

- rename the source file from .c to .cpp (Visual Studio will compile as c++)
    - Try to compile
    - Solve all the compiler errors

This is the most crude approach there is, but it works and if you know C and C++ this should be the fastest way too.

creacon
    Cool I will try this tonight. What do you think for Lightwrap++ ? Good idea to make it too?

- - - Updated - - -

creacon
    Sorry Embree is not in my todo list, hope you can do it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Yeah I think you have to realize that those solutions that are using or developing for Cycles are apps where Cycles can fill a void.

And I think development for a render bridge is going to be a long drawn out process. A lot of time and effort even for someone with experience doing it. Probably years not months. And by then LightWave will be in a different place.
    Yeah, don't worry it will not take several years to make it but several months will suffice to bright a plugin and depend in my free time too. So we let to wait and see for new Lightwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    To be honest I'm not that impressed with Cycles in terms of speed. Sure it's fast on exterior shots, but for interiors it takes forever to clean up the noise.
    Well maybe you must use for interior as portal to speed up and you will be impressed !

creacon
    Lightwrap is nice, but it's not complete and not really maintained as far as I know.
    Michael Wolf is on the forum, he can tell you what's working and what not.

I would go the crude way ;-) It's closer to the metal and you'll learn more about the inner workings of LW.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dslider View Post
    Cool I will try this tonight. What do you think for Lightwrap++ ? Good idea to make it too?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Embree is not in my todo list, hope you can do it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    To be honest I'm not that impressed with Cycles in terms of speed. Sure it's fast on exterior shots, but for interiors it takes forever to clean up the noise.
    This tutorial shows how you can speed up interior renders dramatically, using Portal Lights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oveSsk...ature=youtu.be

Thanx for the tutorial, I have used portal lights in lightwave, I never thought of trying them in cycles for some reason.

That is because it is a brand new feature. Or well relatively new. I am not sure exactly but it was fairly recent.

Lightwrap is nice, but it's not complete and not really maintained as far as I know.
    Michael Wolf is on the forum, he can tell you what's working and what not.

I would go the crude way ;-) It's closer to the metal and you'll learn more about the inner workings of LW.
    Cool yeah, I was busy last time. Ok for lightwrap++ cause it is nice too but as you say I will avoid ).
    I sent to juanjo his pv, no news from him :/. But there is Michael hope can help me for dev of plugin ?
    You know creacon, I successfully to build in C++ for lib and some examples and it works !
    I want to learn more for LW as inner work, can you help me ? =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HarverdGrad View Post
    This tutorial shows how you can speed up interior renders dramatically, using Portal Lights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oveSsk...ature=youtu.be
    Hey! You have picked my word about from portal light xD.
    Last edited by 3dslider; 11-08-2016 at 12:16 PM.

If ever you'll have free time, Redshift developer are always looking for developers to create plugins.
    Redshift for LW would be really useful as its a gpu biased render engine. Juanjo might be too busy with houdini plugin.

http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/di...=118437&page=1

"Hello,

In all honestly, Redshift had been flying under the radar for long enough where no user group can really be “blamed” for not asking for a plugin.

To give you a better idea of “why Houdini and C4D”: The main reason for Houdini support was the tons of XSI users that went to it. And that some very high-profile companies have been asking for it. And the reason for C4D is that since Redshift’s day 1 there have been tons of C4D users asking for it. Some through the forums, others through email. That is a clear indication that there’s a market for it.

And, now we have this lovely MODO thread! smile In the next several weeks, we’ll do a bit of planning for the year and will probably start asking around for MODO developers. If you know of any good ones, please ask them to contact us directly.

Thanks

-Panos"

creacon
    The best thing that you can do is post in the developer section of the Forum if you get stuck.
    Other people that know LW / SDK can help too.

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by 3dslider View Post
    I want to learn more for LW as inner work, can you help me ? =)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey! You have picked my word about from portal light xD.

@samurai_x : sorry, I don't have time for redshift, I dedicate myself to Lightwave first (and then maybe to port with Appleseed too) and then later in modo if all go well, I have my projects so i do in priority.

@creacon : Ok as always, it is necessary as usual to manage myself, it will be long I will tell you if it works.

They just released cycles 4d. The licensing seems affordable.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast