Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 870

Thread: Deep Rising Fx: Potential fluid simulator

  1. #241
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    778
    Oh, also make sure your filters don't completely decimate the mesh. They can do that, and no polygons will be generated.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  2. #242

    no, sorry, too much fuzz. i might get back to this later on, but deleted the Payza account.

    anyway, will be watching the others, see what they come up with.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

  3. #243
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    778
    Okay, no problem. Understood.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  4. #244
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    383

    Deep Rising FX Sample file transparency.

    If you try the scene example that come with the full version of DeepRisingFX_v1.0_commercial called "water tank" its unlikely that you will
    see more than a few particles moving about after clicking on and completing simulation.
    All the particles are there but enclosed inside 6 seperate panels that make up the elongated box shape.
    These box panels via texture settings are set to be 71.0 % transparent.
    But you do not see the transparency effect in the layout window.
    You can see the box transparent if you switch to VPR but then you cannot see the particles.
    Try either of the following 2 options

    No 1.
    Even though your scene has been processed you can still move each seperate box panel away from center resulting in a sort of exploded
    view of the box elements. You will then see ALL the particle in full motion
    when you press play animation.

    No 2.
    A bit more involved this option but the particles do seem to show visually better.
    Have both layout and modeler open.
    Select/highlight any one of the panels in layout then simply click on the
    Modeler buttom [top right].
    All 6 panels will now be in modeler and all 6 layers will also be highlighted. Leave layers highlighted.
    The appearance of the elongated box in layout is now showing as a cube in moderler. [darkChief must have stretched the cube in layout].
    With the layers all selected highlight ALL of the polygons of the cube.
    Now go to Detail/Flip [left side] and click on flip tab to reverse the poly normals.
    It may be preferable if you do not deselect anything at this point.
    All you need to do now in modeler is click on "Switch to Layout"
    [Top right].
    In layout you should now be able to see a quite a change in the way things look. Now that the normals are reversed you should see the particles
    in motion from any angle. Just rotate the scene you will see what i mean. Looks a bit weird but good at the same time.

  5. #245
    Super Member spherical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Juan Island
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    IMO, Payza is too convoluted to bother with. I spent way too much time this evening setting it up, and I still didn't have any luck transferring funds. I finally gave up when it asked me to upload a photo id.
    Well that raised a Big Red Flag. Maybe I've been lucky, sheltered, living under a rock or something, but I've never encountered a payment gateway that "needed" a photo ID. Did they ask for your Social Security number, too? Perhaps your birth date? Mother's maiden name? I see in a subsequent post that you didn't have to upload it, for whatever reason, but that doesn't answer the question why they needed it in the first place.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

    Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

    "When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

  6. #246
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    Maybe I've been lucky, sheltered, living under a rock or something, but I've never encountered a payment gateway that "needed" a photo ID.
    Never? Paypal will ask for an ID to get a verified account. Even Airbnb will ask for government issue ID for verification.
    Its a common practice when it involves money and people who travel a lot go through with it no problem.

  7. #247
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    The reason I say 'mostly happy' is because I ran into a snag last night. I was able to save out a mesh sequence but whenever I try to load the sequence, LightWave will crash.
    There are two DPR functions in the dropdown you can select in object replacement. I don't know what the other one does but if you pick that Lightwave instantly crashes.

  8. #248
    Super Member omichon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bordeaux, FR
    Posts
    767
    darkChief, you should really consider making filters more manageable. This would speed up the meshing process and really make it more “artist friendly”.
    The LW SDK is really limited in this area, but options like being able to turn a filter on/off, or moving the selected one up/down in the list would be a nice start.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

  9. #249
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    There are two DPR functions in the dropdown you can select in object replacement. I don't know what the other one does but if you pick that Lightwave instantly crashes.
    Please ignore the second option. It shouldn't be showing, it's part of the same plugin. It doesn't do anything. Will fix in update.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    darkChief, you should really consider making filters more manageable. This would speed up the meshing process and really make it more “artist friendly”.
    The LW SDK is really limited in this area, but options like being able to turn a filter on/off, or moving the selected one up/down in the list would be a nice start.
    I'll add this to feature requests.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  10. #250
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    Well that raised a Big Red Flag. Maybe I've been lucky, sheltered, living under a rock or something, but I've never encountered a payment gateway that "needed" a photo ID. Did they ask for your Social Security number, too? Perhaps your birth date? Mother's maiden name? I see in a subsequent post that you didn't have to upload it, for whatever reason, but that doesn't answer the question why they needed it in the first place.
    The ID on Payza is only required for withdrawing money and merchant accounts. Not for purchasing and uploading funds.

    They are strict, you might even get a call from them to confirm you received your goods.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  11. #251
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Perth, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    119
    Payza registration was no issue. System even linked into my credit card provider for instant verification using my credit card providers credentials. This was a completely secure transaction that I have no concerns over Do take note of PIN numbers etc is my only advice. Now .. time to install Thank you again darkChief ... brilliant plugin !!! It gives Lightwave a completely new feel for me ... liberating ... not that I don't love my RealFlow ... but Lightwave always has been and always will be the app closest to my heart .. and so having fluids native is a great thing !

  12. #252

    yes, for some Payza will work without problems.
    i guess an advice could be, try it, see if it works.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

  13. #253
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    383
    Yesterday i recieved an email from Payza asking if i was happy with the Payza process and happy with the item id bought and the provider of the software.
    I replied positively on all counts.
    But did let them know the difficulties that i had and others are having in setting up and using there system.
    Also refered to darkChief request to have one element of there process removed so as to make things easier for every one concerned.
    Hopefully they will comply with darkChief request.

  14. #254
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by machbeowulf View Post
    Payza registration was no issue. System even linked into my credit card provider for instant verification using my credit card providers credentials. This was a completely secure transaction that I have no concerns over Do take note of PIN numbers etc is my only advice. Now .. time to install Thank you again darkChief ... brilliant plugin !!! It gives Lightwave a completely new feel for me ... liberating ... not that I don't love my RealFlow ... but Lightwave always has been and always will be the app closest to my heart .. and so having fluids native is a great thing !
    Please check your email for your license, and thanks for the purchase.

    I'm very happy about your excitement! Very encouraging indeed, and I hope to continue to deliver more features and fluid goodnees.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  15. #255
    Registered User ianr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chiltern Riviera
    Posts
    1,466
    D/L it Thank You Dark Chief, but No E-mailed License as yet Please could you facilitate this.

    Kindest Regards ianr

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •