Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 742

Thread: Deep Rising Fx: Potential fluid simulator

  1. #721
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  2. #722
    Registered User safarifx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    Hi DARK CHIEF Your voxel size is too big. Therefore, your examples always look blobby. But that does not have to be if you adjust the voxel size and just pour out more "particles". I can not really test the tool with the 120 frames limitation but as far as I can see the tool has potential if someone works with it who knows about voxels. I am sure that I will achieve much better results because the different solvers are in principle available. What I noticed in the tests is that Deep Rising FX does not recognize deformed geometry. for example with bones. Or I did something wrong. I will be testing the tool extensively with the full version next week. (A colleague has a full license) But please take care of a motionblur option (this will save you from post production). Note. Increase the number of possible frames for the simulation in the demo version to 300 frames. 120 frames are far too little to judge what the plugin can do! Thank you!

  3. #723
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by safarifx View Post
    Hi DARK CHIEF Your voxel size is too big. Therefore, your examples always look blobby. But that does not have to be if you adjust the voxel size and just pour out more "particles".........
    Hi, Thanks for your interest in the plugin. Deformable geometry is not yet supported. And will see about future demo versions.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  4. #724
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    149
    Good day,
    I'm very new to fluid simulations, and I'm making my way through the DRF tutorial series. Right now, everything is going well, and I'm literally at the last stage of applying a surface library in the Mesh Sequencer. My only issue is I don't know what a surface file is and how to create or get one. They appear to be .srf or .lib files, but how do I create one?

    Thank you very much.


    P.S. I'm very excited about the potential this program has!!!

  5. #725
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    Good day,
    I'm very new to fluid simulations, and I'm making my way through the DRF tutorial series. Right now, everything is going well, and I'm literally at the last stage of applying a surface library in the Mesh Sequencer. My only issue is I don't know what a surface file is and how to create or get one. They appear to be .srf or .lib files, but how do I create one?

    Thank you very much.


    P.S. I'm very excited about the potential this program has!!!

    If you open the surface editor and right click on a surface, you will get the option to save or load .srf or .lib. Deep Rising expects .lib

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	145615
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  6. #726
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    149
    You're awesome!! Thank you.

  7. #727
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    149
    BTW, thank you for working so hard on this program and being so responsive! Now that I see how it all comes together, it's pretty amazing!!



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRF_sample.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	145618

  8. #728
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  9. #729
    Hi Darkchief,
    Thank you for this new video.
    I would like to know if it is hard to simulate directely at the correct speed with your tool?
    All your videos need to be played at 1.75 or 1.5 to get a more realistic play rate.

  10. #730
    pass:sword OFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,014
    Hi. How can I solve the problem of moving fluid along a path?

  11. #731
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Hi. How can I solve the problem of moving fluid along a path?
    Not yet

    Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Hi Darkchief,
    Thank you for this new video.
    I would like to know if it is hard to simulate directely at the correct speed with your tool?
    All your videos need to be played at 1.75 or 1.5 to get a more realistic play rate.
    Increase substeps or framerate (technically the floating ducks scene is physically correct (for things at that scale) for 30fps, but the eyes doesn't see in 30fps. The speed is a personal preference, )

    60fps example
    Last edited by darkChief; 08-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  12. #732
    Super Member omichon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bordeaux, FR
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    Increase substeps or framerate (technically the floating ducks scene is physically correct for 30fps)
    It looks like there are two schools nowadays, the "technically or physically correct" and the "visually correct".
    So far, and for some more time it seems, I will stick to the "visually correct" paradigm.

    BTW, any progress on the meshing and motion blur support, darkChief ?
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

  13. #733
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post

    BTW, any progress on the meshing and motion blur support, darkChief ?
    Still working on it.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  14. #734
    pass:sword OFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,014
    Quite often, I began to catch myself thinking that I was no longer understanding the logic of the plugin. I load the scene from the examples (chocolate bar - all settings by default) and when I click on the simulation I get an explosion of particles, instead of smoothly draining. If I turn off Viscosity settings - the explosions go away, but the liquid starts to behave like water - the viscosity disappears. All attempts to set up Viscosity end in explosions of particles of one or another force.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	965.1 KB 
ID:	145729

  15. #735
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    672
    Will update that example at some point. It's outdated, a lot has changed since it was initially created.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •