Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96

Thread: Unreal 3D

  1. #1
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231

    Unreal 3D

    Love unreal. Quality keeps going higher and higher.



    Unreal scene.
    https://80.lv/articles/star-wars-sce...uction-in-ue4/

  2. #2
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    https://ue4arch.com/product-category...jects/archviz/

    Goodbye offline renderers for viz work.

  3. #3
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    573
    Its just amazing how things are progressing

  5. #5
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    I downloaded the starwars scene. Awesome fan art work!

  6. #6
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    Interactive


  7. #7
    wow that star wars cantina is amazing - did you notice the ig88 heads as drinking dispensers!!

    But thats about half of what i want. visually its good enough now- but the other half is AI, populated by creatures that i can converse with, interact with, full of stuff i can interact with - as it is with the exception of games like skyrim, alot of fps are just pretty to look at. Not to much that guy with the gun could do except shoot things - thats the old way - the shooter way... but today - people like myself want more interactivity, we want to manipulate stuff in the game... have an economy that we can buy and sell the junk we find. Thats why skyrim was so successful!! it has a sort of economy, and there is tons to pick up and grab - hoarders paradise. Seriously though - visually these worlds are amazing now - more than good enough for the casual gamer, but immersive they are not... interactive - not yet - although they could be - game companies just dont.

    also does anyone know how to get an unreal object into ligthwave with textures intact.

    i'd like to grab that dome shaped house for a gag i'm doing.
    and the moister vaportor, although i think i may have one.

  8. #8
    Useful thread if we can add to it, I'd like to think that I might get into Unreal, these are good examples.

  9. #9
    I tested Unity recently but I can't get nice antialiased edges. This looks better.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,450
    Here is a link to a collection of videos (most are UE4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTb7k9pCQTo

  11. #11
    Dreamer Ztreem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,167
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    I tested Unity recently but I can't get nice antialiased edges. This looks better.
    I don't see anything wrong with the antialiasing in this demo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA

    But as always it looks really nice and easy when you see this demo's but when you try to set up something like this yourself, it takes forever compared to just load the model in LW apply your preset material and render settings and hit render.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with the antialiasing in this demo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA

    But as always it looks really nice and easy when you see this demo's but when you try to set up something like this yourself, it takes forever compared to just load the model in LW apply your preset material and render settings and hit render.
    So true.

  13. #13
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    Unreal was much easier to learn than unity for me.

    Many things are drag and drop. Once you have a library its very fast to create a scene.
    Blueprint makes it so easy to add interactivity like changing colors, interactive doors, etc. Its nodal though so if you don't like nodes you won't like Unreal.



    Downloadable scenes.
    http://cgcloud.pro/#

  14. #14
    Super Member samurai_x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    lalaland
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    wow that star wars cantina is amazing - did you notice the ig88 heads as drinking dispensers!!

    But thats about half of what i want. visually its good enough now- but the other half is AI, populated by creatures that i can converse with, interact with, full of stuff i can interact with - as it is with the exception of games like skyrim, alot of fps are just pretty to look at. Not to much that guy with the gun could do except shoot things - thats the old way - the shooter way... but today - people like myself want more interactivity, we want to manipulate stuff in the game... have an economy that we can buy and sell the junk we find. Thats why skyrim was so successful!! it has a sort of economy, and there is tons to pick up and grab - hoarders paradise. Seriously though - visually these worlds are amazing now - more than good enough for the casual gamer, but immersive they are not... interactive - not yet - although they could be - game companies just dont.

    also does anyone know how to get an unreal object into ligthwave with textures intact.

    i'd like to grab that dome shaped house for a gag i'm doing.
    and the moister vaportor, although i think i may have one.
    Ever heard of Shenmue? As boring as GTA.

  15. #15
    http://www.hardocp.com/news/2016/10/...b#.WAmzTfkrJQI

    And it looks like nVidia has just added VRWorks branches to UE4 on Github.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •