Page 96 of 141 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2107

Thread: Come on LWG3D, show us some nuggets!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    There's already a tutorial somewhere about this kind of thing, I had a crack at it.

I wasn't thinking just in terms of the end outcome but the process, see him slice that large cube at the start, you can't do that in LW. Even the selection tools are great, moving/extruding whole faces like that without manually selecting all the polygons first would be awesome in modeler...just saying.
    Ah, I see... sorry. Didn't realise you meant the modelling aspect of the tool, rather than the outcome.

Hopefully when LW modeller is redesigned/integrated we'll see some cool and original tools too?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 64GB RAM, GeForce 2080Ti
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti

For LW tools that require a user action(selecting an option/button in a panel), can we have each option as it's own lscript/python script so we can bypass the input panels?

The mirror tool is a good example. You have the full options available in the numeric panel or you can run mirrorX, mirrorY or mirrorZ Lscripts.

Also can we have actual arguments to all the built in tools/plugins for cmdseq commands...or better documentation if they already have them?

Just poking my head in... Still no nuggets?

Speaking of Mirror, do you guys know of a way to disable the Merge Points (toggled) default? I more often do not want stuff merged, and would love it off by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzey View Post
    There's already a tutorial somewhere about this kind of thing, I had a crack at it.

I wasn't thinking just in terms of the end outcome but the process, see him slice that large cube at the start, you can't do that in LW. Even the selection tools are great, moving/extruding whole faces like that without manually selecting all the polygons first would be awesome in modeler...just saying.
    Right click when using the tweak tool, that will extrude your polys without having to select them not the same and as slick maybe, unfortunatly only working on single faces not multi seleected faces, guess the developers may have thought, for multi faces you would have to select mulitfaces..and as such you could just as well just extend or multishift etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post

Speaking of Mirror, do you guys know of a way to disable the Merge Points (toggled) default? I more often do not want stuff merged, and would love it off by default.
    never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Norka View Post

You can remove the merge command from the lscripts

Code:
    // Mirror X
    //
    // 01.02.06  Deuce

@warnings
    @version 2.3
    @script modeler

main
    {

selmode(USER);
    undogroupbegin();
    mirror(X,0);
    mergepoints();    <---------------------
    undogroupend();

}

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Right click when using the tweak tool, that will extrude your polys without having to select them not the same and as slick maybe, unfortunatly only working on single faces not multi seleected faces, guess the developers may have thought, for multi faces you would have to select mulitfaces..and as such you could just as well just extend or multishift etc.
    Hahaha I never used the tweak tool
    It's kinda almost there, maybe they can add an "option key" that can toggle between single face & multiface?

I would love the tweak tool if it worked better in subD mode. The stinking cage is in the way in Fast Preview/Deformation and I hate having to select where the cage is when it's off.

Celshader, Jen Hachigian, was part of the lightwave next team? But no more it seems.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/celshader/

Encore Hollywood
    Dates Employed Jan 2015 – Present Employment Duration 2 yrs 3 mos LocationGreater Los Angeles Area
    RealFlow simulations for a 3ds Max production. Also writing Max/Maya pipeline scripts in MaxScript, MaxScript .NET, Python, PyMEL and PySide.

The LightWave 3D Group
    Dates Employed Apr 2013 – Dec 2014
    Held meetings, took notes, updated a Confluence Wiki and JIRA database, coordinated engineers, proofread documents, created tutorials, assisted LightWave 3D artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I would love the tweak tool if it worked better in subD mode. The stinking cage is in the way in Fast Preview/Deformation and I hate having to select where the cage is when it's off.
    I also had the thought that, if it had a snap/weld option, we'd have a fast interactive weld tool. Being able to snap/weld edges would make for a fast workflow...

isnīt working in normal mode enough? that will not yield any cage ,it is not showing the stinking cage all over, at least not the whole cage..it will only highlight in a quad cage over the polygon selected.

right mouse to extrude, ctrl-right mouse to extrude with constraint.
    to move left mouse..and ctrl to constrain..or simply middle mouse which is a move feature with constrain directly.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    isnīt working in normal mode enough? that will not yield any cage ,it is not showing the stinking cage all over, at least not the whole cage..it will only highlight in a quad cage over the polygon selected.

right mouse to extrude, ctrl-right mouse to extrude with constraint.
    to move left mouse..and ctrl to constrain..or simply middle mouse which is a move feature with constrain directly.
    I read this and thought, "if their cages stink so badly, they should really clean their monitors."
    I know, but it was the first thing to come through mind (and any suggestion that it is because I have a dirty mind will be taken as flattery so don't waste the effort).
    Last edited by Verlon; 03-05-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Verlon Smith

Sometimes, I render things.

No - here's why - "phantom selection". I believe "phantom selection" came about in v6.5 which allows the user to select points where the user thinks the points should be while in SubD mode. So if the points, edges and polys actually hi-lighted where one would expect them to highlight while using Tweak then - yes "normal" would be perfect! Tweak is more valuable while working on a subD model than hard poly, so with it not being all that great on SubD models I favor Drag on my subD models which honors "phantom selection".

No - here's why - "phantom selection". I believe "phantom selection" came about in v6.5 which allows the user to select points where the user thinks the points should be while in SubD mode. So if the points, edges and polys actually hi-lighted where one would expect them to highlight while using Tweak then - yes "normal" would be perfect! Tweak is more valuable while working on a subD model than hard poly, so with it not being all that great on SubD models I favor Drag on my subD models which honors "phantom selection".
    Ahh...I got, it ..I just thought it was the whole cage all over that was the issue, not that you wanted more accurate highlight selection than the approximate cage.
    I agre completly, they should improve the tweak tools highlight feature.

Tools that don't honour "Phantom Selection" suck.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

Page 96 of 141 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast