Page 86 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2107

Thread: Come on LWG3D, show us some nuggets!

LOL! Yeah, @jwiede, I think at this point ist's no longer a "dicount pricing" thing. It hink we are firmly into "permanent pricing" now.

On a side note...I was both happy and annoyed at getting an email from them just a few minutes ago. I guess the lead art dude(?) Fumito Ueda on The Last Guardian (PS4 game) did an inteview in Japan and LWGroup got a english conversion of it ( https://www.lightwave3d.com/newslett...ve-newsletter/ for those that aren't subscribed).

I was happy because that game is freaking AMAZING! I didn't play it (no PS4), but I watched Jacksepticeye on YouTube play through the whole thing and I was amazed at the technical, artistic, and story-telling it was pumping out every second of the way. And to think that LW 11.x and LW2015 were used by him? YAY!!!!

...then I read the fine print...

BOOO!!

The fine print being basically: "I love LW! Too bad it doesn't work well, texture and animation wise, with the top programs that everyone in the game industry uses (and thus, us)...Maya and MAX. We had to write our own converter for reading in Maya textures. I still used LW to do some pre-lim idea bouncing and stuff. Hope LW gets on the ball and starts to be more easily compatible with current gen 3D packages and updates their Modeling stuff...can't do without 3rd Powers as it stands".

So, yeah, bitter sweet I guess. *sigh*
    ^_^

Paul L. Ming

=2x Xeon E5-2699v4, Asus Z10PE-D8WS, 128GB ECCDDR4 2400, 1x FirePro W9100 32gb, Samsung M.2 960 PRO 2TB, SB ZxR, 2x BENQ Zowie 27", Dell Ultrasharp U3417W, Cintiq 27" QHD Touch=

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    LW3DG continuing the "$695/$395 as discount pricing" bit is becoming an insult to their customers' intelligence.
    Very much like X-Frog. Always 50% off... for a limited time... which when it expires becomes another 50% off promotion.
    Blown Glass ˇ Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Again, enough time to prelare newsletter but no time to prepare 3 sentences and a screenshot for the blog.

Give me a break.

LW3DG continuing the "$695/$395 as discount pricing" bit is becoming an insult to their customers' intelligence.
    QFA, exactly my toughts!

LW2017 being so late, i don't think they have any choice but to keep rolling the "$695/$395 discount pricing"
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I said this 1 year ago in another forum because of another hurry up discount and the answer was : "what??? your are not happy that we make discount ???"

Fumito Ueda's interview leaves a bad feeling for me. A so talented artist saying that he use lightwave is cool. But then he said that he loves lightwave but for the last guardian, he used it less then in the past. Frankly, the interview is cool, because the last guardian is a good game, but negative because we see that lightwave is slowly replaced even in studios who used it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by scratch33 View Post
    Fumito Ueda's interview leaves a bad feeling for me. A so talented artist saying that he use lightwave is cool. But then he said that he loves lightwave but for the last guardian, he used it less then in the past. Frankly, the interview is cool, because the last guardian is a good game, but negative because we see that lightwave is slowly replaced even in studios who used it for years.

Don't worry about that. There's like hundreds of cg studios in tokyo area alone. More than most other countries.
    What he said is true but there are still smaller studios and freelance. The hierarchy for software use maya,max>softimage,houdini>c4d,lightwave>modo>blen der.
    Maya and max are just really dominant but that's a global thing not just in japan. Lightwave is in the middle and many freelance and subcontractors still use it.
    Ueda talks about highend stuff. Not everyone needs to target highend to stay in business and make money.

I think they know... they were in Japan not long ago. Who knows what they are working on in the new version of LW? But the longer they take, the harder it will be. Again, release small.. release often. Don't try to bite off the big chunks. It may choke you. Not that I'd expect them to actually listen to my advice On another note.. the forum is beginning to behave weirdly again. I wonder if the server is having problems again?

And yet another "LW is dead"-thread at CGTalk.... http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...?f=2&t=1435846

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    And yet another "LW is dead"-thread at CGTalk.... http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...?f=2&t=1435846
    Infidels! Do not listen to them. Cgsociety is full of snobs.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Lightwave will never be dead as long as the forum still has moderators!

but I do wish they would show some new goodies...or talk about what's new, or something about the new stuff.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

There we go again...
    Ground control to Major Tom

Edit.. ripped out the comment. Because it is just unnecessary to debate this.. yet again.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 02-03-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Not worth the effort.
    Last edited by jwiede; 02-04-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

This is ridiculous.

If they show you something, you praise for two weeks and then go back to b*tching
    If they don't show you something, then 24/365 b*tching again

It all boils down to "its not ready for showtime".

I mean the EXACT same people complaining about the supposed "lateness" (can't be if they never gave you a release date)
    WILL be the same people villify the software if its buggy or some feature missed it.

Direct quote "Why did they release it if wasn't ready"
    Because Ya'll keep on whining over it.

Are you not using the current software to do work or on a project????!!!!

Page 86 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast