Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on LWG3D, show us some nuggets!

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    No, please don't.twas fumny and even funnier than some folks are so on the edge that they take anything seriously.

As for Lino comments, well not that much info there to be honest, more like "we're working hard" kind of comment that we all wanted to hear, but strange thing is that it comes from Lino and not Rob who is the captain of this boat. Not complaining tho, just curious where is Rob, he's not coding, isn't he?
    Maybe he is on sick leave? I think he told us a while back that he had some treatment.. no? I (too) for one am happy that Lino had some time to post here.. And I think there was some valuable info in there. Sometimes you need to listen to what actually wasn't said too
    Last edited by MichaelT; 11-28-2016 at 02:40 AM.

No, please don't.twas fumny and even funnier than some folks are so on the edge that they take anything seriously.

As for Lino comments, well not that much info there to be honest, more like "we're working hard" kind of comment that we all wanted to hear, but strange thing is that it comes from Lino and not Rob who is the captain of this boat. Not complaining tho, just curious where is Rob, he's not coding, isn't he?
    but did any one else read too much into his last line as being in the past tense

"As a user, I'm very happy about this next version. Can't say more for now, just that the whole team never stopped working hard on it."

it says never stopped as if they have stopped otherwise one may have written "have not stopped" probably me reading too much, I'm just still desperate to get my hands on new volumetrics, my head is filling with way too many ideas.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

No way. We need more humor. At least it should make people stop and think about things that are said. Stop, evaluate the information. Ask you self, is this probable? Before even taking it seriously enough to waste a dozen pages discussing it. Only to have someone from LW3D group show up and confirm, no that is not correct. So humor away. Please by all means. I think people are taking all of this way too seriously.

The team is STILL working hard on LW Next.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Gosh, the degree of paranoia in this thread is unbelievable...

Thanks for keeping us updated Lino, but it would be nice if it were a tad more frequent.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    That's my point: In order for the consumer to do such translations, they need to be able to see the details of how the surface is constructed (incl. possible use of third-party nodes), and that requires access to a prior version of LW in which to do so.
    ok. I just see it as such a non-issue. I get stuff regularly made in other software and use it in LightWave and I don't need to know how it worked in the other software to know how to use it in Lightwave. I just see the cases where new users will need to use LW 2015 to know how to use something in LW next cases will be exceedingly tiny. But I'll leave that for LWG to determine. I personally don't care either way. We also don't know enough about what has changed to make that distinction yet anyway as users.

(PUTIN)
    Could you please make that a bit bigger...? I had a bit of trouble seeing what the image is

I hate Ikboost.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Could you please make that a bit bigger...? I had a bit of trouble seeing what the image is
    The image pasted was actually 100px x 100px but the internet knows how awesome the bare-chested-horse-riding Mr Putin is so it always copies the HD version by default.

Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    I hate Ikboost.
    Really ? Curious, why ? I understand it has huge hidden power and the Ryan Roye stuff looks very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    See, pressure points
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    ok. I just see it as such a non-issue. I get stuff regularly made in other software and use it in LightWave and I don't need to know how it worked in the other software to know how to use it in Lightwave. I just see the cases where new users will need to use LW 2015 to know how to use something in LW next cases will be exceedingly tiny. But I'll leave that for LWG to determine. I personally don't care either way. We also don't know enough about what has changed to make that distinction yet anyway as users.
    yep, and why should they need to make sure third party nodes look the same, and as mentioned before, max and maya are constantly changing, and now also have different default renders, but most objects on places like turbosquid use vray so unless you have an identical set up to the creator it never looks the same anyway, most of the time you have to reapply uv maps etc, all I need when bringing an object in is a surface assignment, when objects are created they are set up in the creators specific scene, so everything from scene type to colour space is going to change that, so how would you even know if what you had was how the creator meant it to be?

As far as getting earlier stuff into LightWave Next. That does not have to be rocket science. I can see how they could write something behind the scenes to make importing older scenes able to hook up new shaders and a new node network properly into the new render engine. It would be a lot of work for them. But it sounds like they are trying to tackle something like that. Just from the sound of it. It could even be a separate load item on the file menu just for that purpose. So we would not have to go into it and reconstruct - necessarily. Having a lot of plugins could get tricky. But I think it will depend on the specific plugins. And no doubt there is always going to be the extreme exceptions. But when you are living on the edge of technology that comes with the territory. I imagine if you have some kind of complex scene with a lot of dependency on plugins it could get unwieldy real fast. To me the gist of it that I get is that they are working hard on both fronts, to make comparability less of an issue and getting plugins to work a fairly high priority. It ain't going to be perfect, no matter what anyone says. But it is clear that there was no reason for any kind of rant and panic about it. Going back to my first reaction. Ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    So did I
    Ditto. It was obviously a joke and one that appealed to my Puckish sense of humor.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Page 52 of 141 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast