Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on LWG3D, show us some nuggets!

Many, many thanks for the heads up Lino! Quick little interjections like that from you guys are pure gold; may we have more of them now and then? Just a few? Pretty please?
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Well.. that settled that

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    Forget your dreams and hopes for the old render to be included, it won't, as stipulated many time by the LW team. I think you can set up non photo-real renders in a physical based renderer, I would expect LW to be aware of this requirement, giving us nodal control of our materials to create incorrect yet beautiful shaders, it would come down to surfacing and lighting. Don't panic people and embrace what should be a better renderer. If it isn't better I would be first to complain. Perhaps an option would be to allow free download and use of LW 2015 with any new purchase of LW next (for those that would actually want it). Personally I think we should just move forward.
    Yes, the old render is gone. We're doing our best so old users will not feel the need of it at all, thanks to what the new one is offering.

All of you know how important the Japanese Market is for us. So CelShading and NPR is not something that's been lost but renewed and improved.

About the options of letting "LW Next" users download LW2015, well, that's something we've mentioned internally. But think about something (my personal opinion):

- Old users that may feel the need of jumping back to the old render will be able to do it, because they have it installed already.

- New users should get LightWave because of what this new version is offering. They're not going to "miss" any old LightWave feature, because they never used it!

As a user, I'm very happy about this next version. Can't say more for now, just that the whole team never stopped working hard on it.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

In two brief posts, Lino, methinks you have dispelled unguessable amounts of misinformation and speculation. Thank you for that.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Lino, thanks for those two clarifications. Much appreciated.

Here is another practical concern for new users coming to LightWave. One thing that I get from my subscription to Maya for example is access to ai think at lest 2 prior years releases. The thing I have found with jobs is it isn't me that is the primary concern all the time. I wish that was the case. But practically speaking I have situations all the time where a client has older versions of software. And it becomes a part of even getting the job to be able to deliver in those formats. Not just save as... but actially have it natively. That has happened more than once. And I just finished up a job like that which had to be ported to Max 2014.

I also had this last year. Someone was working in LW 11. Luckily I had LW 10 at the time. So going forward was not a big issue. But going back from 2015 would have potentially been an issue.

I think just in general. It is not a bad idea for your team to consider always offering 2 versions back. So that an upgrade to LightWave Next gives you 2015 and LW 11.

Something to consider. A new guy coming in might find himself getting offers to work in LightWave on projects. And as great as LW Next is going to be, in reality there will always be people for whatever reason still working on projects with older versions.

Finally! Someone from the management discovered this thread 40 pages later!
    Better late then never I guess

Thanks Lino.

Yeah thanks, you just succesfully destroyed our speculation thread Lino.

Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    Yeah thanks, you just succesfully destroyed our speculation thread Lino.
    An interesting point of view.

And thanks Lino for the two clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by lino.grandi View Post
    old users
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    An interesting point of view.

And thanks Lino for the two clarifications.
    first we are left alone in the dark for eons then somebody comes in, switch on the light for a nanosecond then off

had some time extra to fiddle with ik booster on top of a hulk figure from tf3dm, had to go through blender since the collada import to lightwave will get all screwed up, but in blender just fine, then export out to fbx to lightwave, so the rig is fine and matched if you set joints and bone types up correctly, had to remove two root bones though in order to use ik booster on the armature, but it seems to working ok now, and I am taking notes on how to make it work the best.

So that said, I do hope that ik booster may still be working ..at least not discarded, though I am afraid it´s gonna be broken, at least for getting old scene or meshes in with ik booster.
    If the lw team manage to at least have it working when created in the next lightwave version, that would be great, though you need to improve on how to apply ik booster and the menu itself, other than that..ik booster is growing on me each time I use it and learn.

All of you know how important the Japanese Market is for us. So CelShading and NPR is not something that's been lost but renewed and improved.

Cool news, thanks Lino.

IKBooster works perfectly in the next LightWave version.
    Lino Grandi
    3D Development, LightWave 3D Group/NewTek, Inc.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/

LightWave 3D Group YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Official...?feature=watch

My YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/linograndi?feature=mhee

IKBooster works perfectly in the next LightWave version.
    Lovely, one thing less to worry about..and Great, thanks Lino.

Michael

A grandi entrance, thanks.

Page 49 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast