Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on LWG3D, show us some nuggets!

Huh, interesting to know. I do follow their Facebook page (and have interacted a little there), and I have one for my studio, but apart from that I avoid that place (meaning Facebook in general) like I would a rave filled with screaming, drunk teen-agers. I suppose I should spend some time actively visiting their group and seeing what's what.

Oh, and get off my lawn.
    Last edited by Spinland; 11-20-2016 at 07:00 AM.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    The world has moved on to social media. LightWave has moved with it.
    World some times can be so stupid!

We have so many examples of the "world" stupidity, assuming that with "world" you mean people of the world.

Just saying...
    Ground control to Major Tom

So, there's np gag order, there is normal Beta and they are jus too busy to write a line on the blog or forums but not to busy to respond on facebook.

You know what?

I think they just don't ******* like us.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Well the good or bad fact of the matter is that Facebook is a better way to communicate. Because about 100 times more LightWave stuff is happening there on a daily basis than here. Far more communication is happening there. Easily 100-1. Support gallery etc.

There is a LightWave group that has pretty much trumped this space for the number of daily support issues risen and answered as well as daily work submissions, work in progress, etc. The talent of the people posting there is also far above most of the work you see posted here. It has attracted the professional community for sure.

Can't say that so much about here. Sorry to say.

I don't agree it is a better format. But it is far far more active. And it covers all of the same issues and topics as here.

But good or bad, like it or not. The world has moved on to social media. LightWave has moved with it.

I don´t care if it´s more active or not, I am not gonna engage in Facebook whatsoever, so bee it, if the lightwave group and community moves to that, I will not take a part in it for a long long time, but who knows, maybe facebook policy and the debate format changes, but as it is now it is of no interest for me to follow, even if it is more activity...I simply loath it.
    If it becomes as easy to debate with fixed forum sections, and without other member notifications distracting info everywhere, and without facebook gathering and tracking of data, I might change my point of view, but in it´s current state..No Way.

And well..no, the world hasn´t moved on Entirely, maybe these forum is a sinking ship in many peoples point of view including the lightwave team, but there are still posters sailing it til it sails no more.
    In retrospect, I recall I used to post on spinquad forums, then it declined..and I myself found it more attractive to post here on these forums, I reckon there was somethings that mayed spinquad going down, you had virus warnings a lot of times from some sort of hacks, the spinquad owner had issues with some artists as I recall, and at that time these forums started to be more vibrant..so I stopped posted there and went here.

I don´t see myself as likely to pick up facebook, I rather see a new lightwave forum somewhere else rather than facebook...if that happens or not, who knows?

Michael

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MAUROCOR View Post
    World some times can be so stupid!

We have so many examples of the "world" stupidity, assuming that with "world" you mean people of the world.

Just saying...
    Yupp..+1

I must add, the facebook forum may work as informing about new stuff, about some cool things lightwave artist is doing, and commuicating that fast with images in a post or shared stuff, so it indeed may work for that..as social media.
    But it´s not ideal for a forum where you can discuss and also find sections to get help, to learn or start threads.

so none of these social medias are the complete package..where facebook lacks these formats, apart from being a personal tracker.
    These forums are not ideal for the news and the gallery info, but that is merely down the lack of interest to improve the forums on that, that is improving the gallery section, and then actually using these forums for communicating, In my opinion... it´s not really the forum format itself that is bad.

Facebook is the forum for giggling lamers who do not know crap about anything seriously computer related and all their activities aimed at posting idiotism, children photogalleries, cute dogies and cats and super kitschy self-created quotes about the nothingness of their totally useless life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedpup View Post
    So they are going about with their things as usual, yet this suggests to you that they want to say more (which in LWG's case is unusual)? Sounds a bit contradictory and confusing to me....
    Ive come to think of Lino as a friend, as much as you can be friends with someone over Skype and social media anyway. When he says he understands the frustration over the lack of communication and he wishes he could say more then I trust that more then doom and gloom speculation on the LW boards. He said they are working hard and that things are going great. We all would like to hear whats going on with LW development but I cant use a blog post in production. I was concerned before that something might be wrong but I trust Lino enough to believe that the sun will come out tomorrow, the sky wont fall, and that sooner or later here we will see a new version of LightWave.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    ...I trust Lino enough to believe that the sun will come out tomorrow, the sky wont fall, and that sooner or later here we will see a new version of LightWave.
    QFA.

Really nothing else to say about the coming release that's more relevant than this. I get this thread is cathartic for frustrated people wanting a place to vent, even if I got mouthy about that as a result of my own frustration. Beyond said frustrated venting, this is the real scoop.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    QFA.

Really nothing else to say about the coming release that's more relevant than this. I get this thread is cathartic for frustrated people wanting a place to vent, even if I got mouthy about that as a result of my own frustration. Beyond said frustrated venting, this is the real scoop.

QFA?

Quit fuggin asking
    or
    Quoted for agreement
    or
    Quite far away
    or
    Queen for all
    or
    Quads for alligators
    or
    Questions for azzoles

..who knows!!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Ive come to think of Lino as a friend, as much as you can be friends with someone over Skype and social media anyway. When he says he understands the frustration over the lack of communication and he wishes he could say more then I trust that more then doom and gloom speculation on the LW boards. He said they are working hard and that things are going great. We all would like to hear whats going on with LW development but I cant use a blog post in production. I was concerned before that something might be wrong but I trust Lino enough to believe that the sun will come out tomorrow, the sky wont fall, and that sooner or later here we will see a new version of LightWave.
    That is all well and good.. but personally I think they could just say that themselves. I am totally OK with them not being able to speak about the development (for one reason or another) I think most just want to hear that things are moving. This right now is like the progress bar that just doesn't move, but the CPU is running hot

...he says he understands the frustration over the lack of communication and he wishes he could say more then I trust that more then doom and gloom speculation on the LW boards. He said they are working hard and that things are going great. We all would like to hear whats going on with LW development but I cant use a blog post in production. I was concerned before that something might be wrong but I trust Lino enough to believe that the sun will come out tomorrow, the sky wont fall, and that sooner or later here we will see a new version of LightWave.
    Well, that's very good to hear. However, ....

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    That is all well and good.. but personally I think they could just say that themselves. I am totally OK with them not being able to speak about the development (for one reason or another) I think most just want to hear that things are moving. This right now is like the progress bar that just doesn't move, but the CPU is running hot
    I agree with Michael, and that's precisely what I've been alluding to in my previous posts in this thread.

I think we should collectively lay down the gauntlet to Rob Powers - seeing as he's supposed to be the team leader of the LightWave 3D software development - to spend just 5 minutes of his time to write a few reassuring words on this forum without, of course, giving away anything that's commercially sensitive.
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

problem is, if they post anything now they will be bombarded with a million questions they cant answer and with in 10 mins they would be back to the same situation that they wont answer and we all accuse them of being silent again.
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    problem is, if they post anything now they will be bombarded with a million questions they cant answer and with in 10 mins they would be back to the same situation that they wont answer and we all accuse them of being silent again.
    Good point.

But there are ways to avoid your scenario arising, and yet at the same time kill off the current rampant speculation. For example, their post could be accompanied by a caveat along the lines of "this is a statement of the current state of play and the development team will not be answering any questions or issuing further statements until the official release of the software".
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

Im not disagreeing with anyone here on the communication, or lack thereof. The silence for whatever reason is unfortunate. But the only inside information we have is suggesting things are fine and they are working hard. Until I hear something to the contrary, I just have to wait longer to see what happens.

Page 36 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast