Thread: Numeric Cut or Divide edges

Numeric Cut or Divide edges

Hi,
    I might amateur question.
    I am looking for a tool, even in the form of a plugin that can split and merge edges constant numerical value.
    Something like Cut tool, but without my having to Add cuts with the choice of Uniforms.
    Something as plug Divide Edge from Artur Wawrzonkiewicz, but to connect divided edge.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Rajce View Post
    Hi,
    I might amateur question.
    I am looking for a tool, even in the form of a plugin that can split and merge edges constant numerical value.
    Something like Cut tool, but without my having to Add cuts with the choice of Uniforms.
    Something as plug Divide Edge from Artur Wawrzonkiewicz, but to connect divided edge.

edges on objects..or edges like polychain and line pen drawn lines?

Thank you

not sure what you mean by connect divided edges, arturs edge divide is nice otherwise you could use multiply/subdivide/cut almost like bandsaw, if you select one edge on an object, you can run that, turn off all options..especially connect divisions, this will cut the edge accordingly to how you have set the added cuts in the tools settings.

there is also edit edges, but does loop cuts.
    Add edges will let you add edges, but not divide edges, so it goes through a polysurface to connect to other edges, it lets you set a ratio ..use grid snap and set percentage or distance..then moving the guide node let you snap the the ratio/disance you have set, do the same on the opposite edge, right mouse click to terminate the cut.

Hi.
    First of all, thank You for Your quick reply.

Simply - by/with "CUT" tool You can do.. let me say 10-20 divisions... but if You want to make 120 cuts specific, You would need to "click" 120 times + use the unify function for the symmetrical dimensions. I only ask if there is some tool like "CUT" but with numeric API.

yes..but with arturs divide edge you can...at least on edges we are talking about here.

if you refer to cutting through a polyface to the other edges, you use bandsaw pro, operation add and click in the white window to add divisions, move manually or by ratio numeric values..but then again ..if you have a lot it takes a bit of clicking too.
    for edges only ..you can use cut the same way.

There is also julienne wich divides(multiply/subdivide/more..but it doesnīt work on edges only, it cuts through polys all the way, but letīs you specify a lot of divisions..uniformly only.