Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Giving Back to Move Forward

Ha..to lighten social conversations up a bit.
    the coach of New York rangers about swedish player Hagelin..
    He is a great player and I love the guy, but in powerplay..he stinks (truth hurts ..huhh.)
    https://www.nhl.com/news/tortorella-...r-play/c-17696

I have to add one more thing here because it needs to be said IMO.

Nelson Mandela is no person you want to be quoting. His legacy is a creation of propagandists, and he sold out his own people and became a western puppet at a time when his people could have finally gotten rid of the colonialist who were enslaving them, but instead they let him out of jail and used him as a literal puppet to contain the situation. This guy you are quoting is a traitor to his people, and the sad part is "education" has taught american people, and south African people a fictional version of reality. Thats what an "education" and some good propaganda will get you.

Education is a weapon... that is for sure.
    http://mayihlomenews.co.za/the-mandela-deception/

Its so crazy how unintelligent, and out of touch with reality many of these "educated" people are.
    Last edited by Prince Charming; 09-19-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Back to focus on the topic..
    From the article.
    "Create an article explaining a tool or sharing a technique and offer it up to a magazine or site. Not only could this be a great way to share your knowledge and a self-promotional tool, it can also be a nice additional source of income. "

Here is where educational sharing is needed to find out the secrets of getting additional source of income, care to share?

This..qoute...
    "Once you’ve put in some time answering posts and you’re ready to take it to the next level, start tackling questions you don’t know the answer to. Try and solve another artists’ problem and if you come up with the answer, not only have you helped someone, you’ve learned something new in the process. How cool is that?"

I have found that rewarding too, as long as it does get solved and not taking days to solve, this is very rewarding and you engage some brain cells to overcome the issues and find solutions, and if it helps others as well as improves on your own problem solving..that´s just great.

this is what could be called,
    The Absolute Progress

while sharing often won't give back results directly, it gives results indirectly.

so if you want to do it to move forward in the industry, this will not always be so.
    i never sought that anyway, so no problemo, but for those who do, true, you often won't get something back, directly.
    job offers also of course comes down to following the societies' rules and playing "nice"   (+relativity and all that)

but by sharing you move the world forward, and ultimately people of the world will benefit from this,
    maybe not you directly, but maybe your family, or someone you know. it's inevitable. it's progress. Absolute Progress.

-----------------------------

William, thanks, i thought it was nice info, and a fun read. 
    I remember when I first started working with Bezier curves, and after a day of struggle, I swore I would never touch a computer again.
    Last edited by erikals; 09-19-2016 at 04:51 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I just want to say, I pretty much got started in Lightwave learning from William Vaughan's videos, and I can still hear his relaxed, monotone, delivery in my head when I do certain things in LW. For me, he is the "Bob Ross" of LW instruction. I am thankful he decided to share his knowledge. I still think that "24 hours of training" series was a great format, and go in search of those videos on youtube whenever I can't remember some rarely used tool or technique he covered. I think they should still all be on the LW website, with the out of date ones in a "legacy" category, because a lot of the knowledge is still relevant. Next time LW3DG knows the interface is locked in for the next few versions, they should do another series like that.

Anyway, thanks William!
    Last edited by wingzeta; 09-19-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks for the interest in the article. Sharing knowledge may not be for everyone. For me it has been very rewarding on an educational level as it has helped me understand the things more than if I didn’t stop to share.
    I enjoy sharing things I’ve learned and can’t imagine not sharing things I learn. I get very excited when I work out a new technique or learn a new tool and instantly want to share. It’s this desire to share that has probably pulled me towards teaching over the last 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Back to focus on the topic..
    From the article.
    "Create an article explaining a tool or sharing a technique and offer it up to a magazine or site. Not only could this be a great way to share your knowledge and a self-promotional tool, it can also be a nice additional source of income. "
    Here is where educational sharing is needed to find out the secrets of getting additional source of income, care to share?
    Most magazines and several online sites pay for tutorials, articles and content. Some pay per word and some have flat fees. Sites and magazines are always looking for good content.

@erikals- Love your share… Absolute Progress… nice!
    @wingzeta- Happy to hear the videos have helped… I enjoyed putting those together.

I have a couple new articles in the works that I'll be sharing in the future. more to come.

Just to chime in, I too have learned a tremendous amount from William Vaughan videos across the years. I also share short explanations, screen shots, short videos about areas of concern, etc. I also feel that I learn, when I share with others, and am immensely enriched by the sharing by others. While I have bought RHiggit Pro, the videos he offers were instrumental in my development and choices. Good positive stuff. Thank you.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

I love sharing my knowledge! What little there is.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    But, they both sharing their views...for free.
    LOL.

--I was going to write "Well, THAT went downhill quickly", but yours is better.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamVaughan View Post
    I wanted to share a new article I wrote for Pixel Fondue that just went live this morning. Check it out here:

https://pixelfondue.squarespace.com/...o-move-forward
    Thanks William!!!

(But DAMN that is a terrible font: I can barely read it. /whine #firstworldproblems )

Time to share something. Great article William, always enjoyed your tutorials.

(the font is really horrible)

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    (the font is really horrible)
    It's NOT just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    It's NOT just me.
    That was the first thing I noticed.

Great stuff William, and thanks for...well, sharing it.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Apologies for the font issue... didnt see it. Should match the rest of the site now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast