Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SpeedEDIT?

I think with NewTek's new emerging strong TriCaster market for which SpeedEDIT is a great tool along with plain old "I ain't quittin'" attitude from NewTek about their flagship editor SpeedEDIT could easily cause a stir in the industry. Who else has the knowledge and coolness to produce a product like SpeedEDIT. Never give up...Keep Moving Forward.

Perhaps an incentive program where SpeedEDIT users become commisioned salesmen authorized to "sell" a friend on SpeedEDIT and get $50.00 or something. I think SpeedEDIT should be priced around $250.00 and also bundled with LightWave.

SpeedEDIT I think should be influxed into the education system...Newtek already has the contacts send them a download link and some instructional videos...let the kids play and learn with NewTek.

I also understand that NewTek has to PAY APPLE royalties for every use of quicktime...get rid of it or use those new "unlocked" quicktime codecs so we don't have to pay Apple everytime we use the darn thing.

I'm not the smartest in the bunch but all these options seem better than dropping the ball. - SLF

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Bad news guys. I was at NAB NYC yesterday. I saw Kiki Stockhammer, who looked the same as she did in 1990. I approached her and asked if she has any influence in reviving Speed Edit. She just laughed and told me "no way. Forget about that". I asked her if it was integrated in the Tricaster and she said it wasn't. I know she is not the official mouthpiece for Newtek but I would think she has some idea. Looks like it's a no go. Ruined my entire day.

Well, that sucks.

Just Tryin' To Help...
    Quote Originally Posted by lcress View Post
    Well, that sucks.
    Ditto!
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

I agree that this sucks! Where is NewTek's head?

Newbie Member
    Love the secret plan possibility. What a great editor'
    The version I have is Speededit 2.

I am editing my project in in 1080 HD as I always do.(for years) Before today I could render my project in AVI uncompressed 422 or QuickTime or QT H264 or multiple other formats with no problem.

The problem that I am having as of today is that all those options seem to have disappeared. When I go to the render page and try to render the only option that comes up is WMV.

It's seems all the codecs disappeared.

Desperate for answer.

I have it in an old computer, and still saves the day once in time, but I need more power and tried on a new system, but it asks for the serial number (that I don't have anymore), tried on the NT page in my software and used one of the old serials noted there, but it won't let me.... any ideas?
    I heard SE it's free now, but it doesn't seems to be that way
    I need to edit a lot of HD clips of LW animation, and it's not possible in my older system, anyone knows what to do?
    i7/64bits/6GB RAM/Vista64/basic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fernee View Post
    ... I need more power and tried on a new system, but it asks for the serial number (that I don't have anymore), tried on the NT page in my software and used one of the old serials noted there, but it won't let me.... any ideas?
    Installing on a different computer would naturally require a new unlock code. I don't know whether CS is still able to generate these or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernee View Post
    I heard SE it's free now, but it doesn't seems to be that way
    That's not entirely correct. SE can be installed and used free of charge on at least some TriCasters, but it was never freely supplied apart from that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12