Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Details!!

I've been completely swamped this week and will be for the next few so I won't have much time to look in to this. But is there any way to integrate these with a traditional 2-wire intercom like Clear Com or Telex? And yes, Jef, I know about Dante...
    Zach Schuster
    SuiteCG- Sports Scoreboard and Stat Tools
    Tricaster 855/460
    Zeplay Instant Replay
    ScoreOCR
    Sony NX5U

Someone may have already asked this, but if so, I missed it. Are these built on a Win7 background, like existing TriCasters? Or are these more independent hardware, as opposed to sitting on top of an OS?
    Tricaster 460
    HD-SDI over coax
    JVC 890 x 2
    Panasonic 370 x 1

Quote Originally Posted by Paris MkVI View Post
    Are these built on a Win7 background, like existing TriCasters? Or are these more independent hardware, as opposed to sitting on top of an OS?
    The IP Series runs under Windows 10. As an aside, pretty much everything you buy these days is dependent on an OS, from your microwave oven and car to your TV and telephone. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that for all practical purposes, it would be impossible to do what these systems do on a 'dumb' platform.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

So, a little further on the details side ... consider that a single VMC1, without any outboard modules or external software - i.e., without even considering even our free NDI tools (which includes NDI Connect that can give you more SDI/HDMI inputs or outputs) - has >39 outputs ... 4 HD-SDI and 35 fully independent NDI outputs (and more, as I'll explain).

The four SDI outputs and the first four NDI outputs can be display mixed sources (i.e., the Switcher or any M/E) or any other Switcher source. All hardware sources, all four DDRs, and still Buffers are always available as NDI sources. And 8 special NDI outputs have been provided that can be freely hot-punched in the UI, and have access to all four mixed outputs as well as all hardware and NDI inputs connected to the Switcher, the DDRs, and still Buffers. Keep in mind, too, that what we don't even bother to include things that most competing systems would count as 'outputs' in this list - recorders, streaming, and multiviews.

Let's just say that this thing has more outputs than pretty much anything you can name even without adding VMC1 OUT modules (each of which adds 4 HD-SD1 outputs). And the greater number of them are available across your network. This is just insane.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Nice motherboard!
    Asrock X99 WS-E/10G http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X99%20WS-E10G/

It will be possible to use the new IP Series input and output modules with the normal Tricaster AE2? And also standalone?

Quote Originally Posted by Joaosantos View Post
    It will be possible to use the new IP Series input and output modules with the normal Tricaster AE2? And also standalone?
    Absolutely. There's another thread on that topic somewhere around here.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

A post in the TriCaster forum just reminded me of something I wanted to mention.

The four 8x8 audio routers provided for every audio source in VMC1 means you can set up one of the Aux mixes with enough discrete (mono) mix-minuses to properly supply not one but two VS-4000 systems 'listening' to a single NDI output. That's pretty darn cool (imagine what would be involved in doing that without NDI!)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Note the twin 10Gb NICs.
    Are the 10Gb NICs redundant, pass through or extra bandwidth for the box?

As for anyone wondering pricing this is what I got from sales
    40K Mixing Console (2RU)
    20K Control Sruface
    7K Ingest (1RU)
    9K Output (1RU)

Please correct me if it changes and I hope helps!

Is the software compatible with existing AE versions, so that a production / project could be brought forward to the new platform?

Compatibility for use of existing Virtual Sets (layers / hot spots) ?

I cannot see any reference to on board graphics titling? Is Live Text still part of the new platform? If so, built-in or external stand alone instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mirrlees View Post
    Is the software compatible with existing AE versions, so that a production / project could be brought forward to the new platform?
    I think there's a better than fair possibility you could load an AE 4-0 session on a VMC1, but no-one here can guarantee that, Brian.

Compatibility for use of existing Virtual Sets (layers / hot spots) ?
    Absolutely.

Is Live Text still part of the new platform? If so, built-in or external stand alone instance?
    Same as TC (for now ... there may or may not be be some additional, more advanced, titling options later).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by blur494 View Post
    The latter. So you cold, for example, run one connection to a 10 gig switch with a bazillion NDI sources supplied to it, and use the other one for capture to a SAN (though there are a million other possible configurations).

9K Output (1RU)
    I just want to mention that of the items you list, the VMC1 OUT unit is not shipping yet, and hardware details are still a little wee bit 'flexible' a this point.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

As for anyone wondering pricing this is what I got from sales
    40K Mixing Console (2RU)
    20K Control Sruface
    7K Ingest (1RU)
    9K Output (1RU)

Please correct me if it changes and I hope helps!
    I think a few are a bit off on price, in US list pricing (other parts of the world might vary).

VMC1 Mix Engine $39,995
    VMC1 4S 4 Stripe control surface $19,995
    VMC1 In $5,995
    VMC1 Out $9,995 (not shipping yet)

There are also bundles available of different common configurations.

As always, contact your dealer or NewTek rep for more information. Do realize that the IP Series is a modular solution and you really should work a reseller that understands all of the parts of this system so you have a successful installation.
    Last edited by kanep; 09-02-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I think a few are a bit off on price, in US list pricing (other parts of the world might vary).

VMC1 Mix Engine $39,995
    VMC1 4S 4 Stripe control surface $19,995
    VMC1 In $5,995
    VMC1 Out $9,995 (not shipping yet)

There are also bundles available of different common configurations.

As always, contact your dealer or NewTek rep for more information. Do realize that the IP Series is a modular solution and you really should work a reseller that understands all of the parts of this system so you have a successful installation.
    So, at $5995 for the VMC1 IN, why would one not buy a Tricaster Mini to ingest feeds into their existing Mini? I realize the In doesn't require advanced edition to be purchased, and that it's better designed for the task, but I'm just trying to make sure I make an informed purchase decision about Mini vs. IN. More or less devil's advocate here- I really do want to buy an IN not a Mini- but need to be sure I understand why we're buying it.
    Gabe Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
    More or less devil's advocate here- I really do want to buy an IN not a Mini- but need to be sure I understand why we're buying it.
    A Mini with AE can certainly be an excellent solution in some settings, and also offers some obvious advantages well beyond that. To answer your question, though, the thing that VMC1 IN brings to the party (apart from it's rack-mount 1RU profile) is 4x 3G-SDI inputs (and the system resources to support them), which means 1080p60 support among other considerations. This will be an important value-added consideration in a VMC1 pipeline, or one where one can foresee going there in due course.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    A Mini with AE can certainly be an excellent solution in some settings, and also offers some obvious advantages well beyond that. To answer your question, though, the thing that VMC1 IN brings to the party (apart from it's rack-mount 1RU profile) is 4x 3G-SDI inputs (and the system resources to support them), which means 1080p60 support among other considerations. This will be an important value-added consideration in a VMC1 pipeline, or one where one can foresee going there in due course.
    They are slightly different beasts. VMC1 in also has tally (passed up-stream over NDI), is SDI while MINI is HDMI, rack-mounted, supports full 3G, etc...

Andrew

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast