Thread: Tricaster 410 - Aux Output

Tricaster 410 - Aux Output

Hello,

I own a Tricaster 410 and had a few questions about the audio Aux Output.
    I can see Aux 1 and Aux 2 in the Audio Mixer tab, and can route the different sources in either one of them, but only Aux 1 comes out of the 2a and 2b physical outputs. Is this normal ? Is Aux 2 only used when my source has 4 tracks ?
    And concerning the physical outputs, is it possible to put them in mono so that they both output the same thing ? I want to use them for two speakers positionned at different places but currently, if I route a stereo signal in the Aux, they will act as left and right speakers, and I have to change the PAN on the source to have each speaker with the full signal.

Thank you for your help !

I'm think you are seeing "Aux 1, 2", not Aux 1 and Aux 2. Just wanted to make sure, as there is a difference and AE2 does have an Aux 2 (and Aux 3!).

The Aux 1, 2 is four channels of audio output, the 1 and 2 represent the front and back stereo pairs. You can get the first pair of audio from the analog outputs on the back of the 410, but not the second pair. For that you will need to extract out of the SDI or NDI outputs.

Just for reference, the TriCaster 860 and 8000 have quad analog outputs on the back of the unit, those models can deliver 4 channels of analog output.

Finally, in TriCaster Standard Edition or AE1, audio routing and controls are supported at a stereo level. If you upgrade to AE2, audio routing and controls are available at a mono level.
    Last edited by kanep; 08-29-2016 at 12:56 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hello Kane !

Thank you for your answers ! If I understand well, by upgrading to AE2, I will be able for example to send channel 1 and 2 of my DDR1 to channel 1 and also to channel 2 of AUX1 so that the output connectors 2a and 2b both output the same thing, while keeping the stereo mix active in my master by putting the channel 1 of the DDR in channel 1 of Master, and channel 2 in channel 2. I could also choose specific channels to send in 2a and other channels in 2b to have two different outputs but without touching to the sources ?

Indeed it seems that I was seeing Aux 1,2 and not Aux1 and Aux 2.
    Are the Aux2 and Aux3 of AE2 only used for recording to create different mixes ?

Thanks again for the help, it is making things a lot clearer

Yes, with AE2 you can route the audio that way.

The AUX2 and AUX3 mixes and be directed out via NDI or the HDMI out on your 410. Once you are running AE2, you can set your two SDI outputs and HDMI output to all display different things with different audio mixes included, and there is still one more output which is just NDI, this gives you a total of four outputs that you can configure. (2x SDI+NDI, 1x HDMI+NDI and 1x NDI only).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.