Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 861

Thread: Update? news?

  1. #571
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,698
    By the way, to bring X-Particles up again if you're interested, just a glimpse of the many modules it has. Endless possibilities...

    Attachment 134670

    And as with most C4D functions, all parameters are animatable / abililty to set keyframes by clicking on the bullet icon in front of the parameter.
    Last edited by Marander; 09-29-2016 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #572
    C4D has a wealth of everything compared to LW. LWers should test out C4D while waiting for LW. That's what I'm doing.
    C4D has it's own built-in Physical renderer and the following 3rd party renderers:
    Arnold
    Octane
    Renderman
    Vray
    Maxwell
    Mental Ray
    Thea
    iRay
    Furryball
    Redshift (coming soon)

  3. #573
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,737

    Lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    I won't guess as to why they are playing hide and seek. I'm sure they have their reasons. Bad.. yes. But at this point it is clear that no amount of complaining will change it at present. I doubt very much they like being this silent, but it is probably for the better.
    Your phrasing here ignited a new unsupported fantasy: what if they are LEGALLY ENJOINED not to say anything, because NewTek is selling LWG?

    By no means am I suggesting this is the case...... but it might explain some things.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  4. #574
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Your phrasing here ignited a new unsupported fantasy: what if they are LEGALLY ENJOINED not to say anything, because NewTek is selling LWG?

    By no means am I suggesting this is the case...... but it might explain some things.
    Well, I doubt that. It is far more probable they ended up with an unexpectedly bigger bite to chew, when they decided to rewrite Lightwave.

  5. #575
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Your phrasing here ignited a new unsupported fantasy: what if they are LEGALLY ENJOINED not to say anything, because NewTek is selling LWG?

    By no means am I suggesting this is the case...... but it might explain some things.
    I speculated that as well a couple months ago. Also after the Devs tried Maya, Max, C4D and Modo they realized they are too far behind and can't catch up so they were all given a couple months severance and a free trip to the Caribbean. Some are still there happily using the other programs to work on Avatar with RP leading the charge.

    Newtek is involved in talks with Smith Micro to sell the remaining Lightwave assets.

    Of course I am joking but who knows.

    Also LWers should take this quiet time to check out other programs in case Jeric and I are correct.
    Last edited by js33; 09-29-2016 at 05:12 PM.

  6. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Well, I doubt that. It is far more probable they ended up with an unexpectedly bigger bite to chew, when they decided to rewrite Lightwave.
    Same opinion here, maybe issues with backward compatibility.

    What should also be considered (my guess), the new LW Renderer will also require some learning (Materials, Nodes, Lighting, Render Settings etc.). Most render engines don't just spit out beautiful pictures by default. Therefore one can maybe just learn Cycles or another Renderer as well.

    Also too bad the old render engine will not be supported anymore. This means LW 2015 is still required for old projects. I understand the new renderer requires different light types, shading etc. but it seems to work for 3rd party renderers like Octance in LW very well.

  7. #577
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,450
    Anyway, it is a doom loop to speculate. When LWG decides to come out of hibernation, that's when we will know how things are.

  8. #578

    yes, let's wait and see what LW2018 finally has to offer.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  9. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Same opinion here, maybe issues with backward compatibility.

    What should also be considered (my guess), the new LW Renderer will also require some learning (Materials, Nodes, Lighting, Render Settings etc.). Most render engines don't just spit out beautiful pictures by default. Therefore one can maybe just learn Cycles or another Renderer as well.

    Also too bad the old render engine will not be supported anymore. This means LW 2015 is still required for old projects. I understand the new renderer requires different light types, shading etc. but it seems to work for 3rd party renderers like Octance in LW very well.
    I'm fine with that. Anyone who needs the old version still have access to that anyway. I really hope they rewrite everything, and don't spend a single thought on backwards compatibility. Much better to build a converter for that.

  10. #580
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    C4D has a wealth of everything compared to LW. LWers should test out C4D while waiting for LW. That's what I'm doing.
    C4D has it's own built-in Physical renderer and the following 3rd party renderers:
    Arnold
    Octane
    Renderman
    Vray
    Maxwell
    Mental Ray
    Thea
    iRay
    Furryball
    Redshift (coming soon)
    ... yes and soon you can add Cycles to this list (brought by INSYDIUM)

  11. #581

    C4D is totally a no go for me with the LightWave <> Houdini route,

    but sure will continue to peek over the fence every now and then.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  12. #582
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, let's wait and see what LW2018 finally has to offer.
    I really don't see a LW2018. There is no LW 2016 and I doubt after this long silence there will be a 2018 right after 2017, specially in case it would not sell that well.

  13. #583
    Well that's the thing. With so many great 3rd party renderers available it seems silly for the LW3DG to spend so much time on a new renderer. I think a lot of people will continue to use Octane in LW anyway so that makes it seem even more silly. Also LW has only one of the 3rd party renderers listed above and C4D has 10 and now 11 with Cycles coming.

  14. #584

    no, what i'm saying here is that there won't be any LW2017...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  15. #585
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    C4D is totally a no go for me with the LightWave <> Houdini route,

    but sure will continue to peek over the fence every now and then.
    The route should be C4D and Houdini, because Houdini Engine is directly integrated in C4D.

    But yes, if one masters Houdini, I also don't see that much use for C4D for effects / procedural animation. But this takes years of practice in my opinion. Houdini Indie is great but only rental. C4D can deliver quick results within a short learning time.
    Last edited by Marander; 09-29-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •