Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TreesDesigner 1.7

Blog Entries
    Awesome update by the way does this still include the grass generator.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

pawel, thank you for the update, great to see this plugin alive! great site, too - cheers!!

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

seeing some strange behaviour

just downloaded one of the example trees and had these intersecting folded trunk issues
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-08-25 15.37.12.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	134163

DPtree has these problems as well.

I am just evaluating the quality before I buy.....is there a way around this. I know I can get rid of it in zbrush...but I was hoping for a clean mesh for instant results...and this is an example download

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    Awesome update by the way does this still include the grass generator.
    the grass generator as well as some other very old plugins were archived and probably are not coming back. I can resurrect it though if there are enough ppl interested :-)

Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    seeing some strange behaviour

just downloaded one of the example trees and had these intersecting folded trunk issues
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-08-25 15.37.12.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	134163

DPtree has these problems as well.

I am just evaluating the quality before I buy.....is there a way around this. I know I can get rid of it in zbrush...but I was hoping for a clean mesh for instant results...and this is an example download
    The kinks in the trunk you pointed out will be fixed in the next version. This issue wasn't high on the list as it is easy to fix in modeler. But you are right the quality of the trunk could be improved.
    The example downloads are 'raw' models, not especially tweaked or chosen for quality. Often you get better trunks than in this example.

Sounds good.
    Thanks

Thank you for this update and your work Pawel - and very nice new responsive website !

Glad your Back Pawel, hope you have time to look at some of your other plugins as well and maybe update them
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2019.03

Very nice Laptop

Probably a false positive, but I decided to DL the Demo version to see if I wanted to add this to X-Frog. Hit the DL link and the Web scanner trapped the DL as containing malicious code. Didn't say what variant it found.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by spherical View Post
    Probably a false positive, but I decided to DL the Demo version to see if I wanted to add this to X-Frog. Hit the DL link and the Web scanner trapped the DL as containing malicious code. Didn't say what variant it found.
    It is a false positive. An overly sensitive corporate virus scanner at work doesn't complain about the file...
    on line scanners seem to be pretty happy too:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c...is/1472448557/

Pawel, good to see an update to Tree Designer. Just picked it up, thanks!

Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by polas View Post
    thank you everyone for kind words.
    I'm not "back" as I never went away in the first place ;-) I'm just very quiet ;-)
    @fishhead: as far as the other plugins are concerned I will try to update at least some of them. The plugins are my 'hobby' and I work on them in my spare time between full time job, kids etc.
    feel free to request any new features and plugins you would like to see updated first.
    Oh, somehow slipped my attention...
    For instance: what happened (amongst other very interesting plugIns you had...) to the Fire and Smoke Generator? Has it ever seen the light of day? I always thought of it as very promising but it was never releases, was it?

fire smoke .. yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Oh, somehow slipped my attention...
    For instance: what happened (amongst other very interesting plugIns you had...) to the Fire and Smoke Generator? Has it ever seen the light of day? I always thought of it as very promising but it was never releases, was it?
    It came out years ago. It was pretty neat for the time but it's a particle generator, so you still needed TFD or HV to render it as fire and smoke fx.

Frequenter
    so you are basically saying its obsolete nowadays?
    Wasn´t the biggest strength of it that it was meant to be really easy to setup? I mean, for say, regional effects like a torch maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast