Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDI for arm devices.

NDI for arm devices.

Is there a vers. of NDI for arm devices like a raspberry pi, or odroid etc.

I'm thinking it would be great to use them for receiving NDI over IP and playing the stream
    through its HDMI output.

Is anyone aware of anybody using / working on this idea ?
    ( Providing the answer to my first question is yes )

A.

Can anyone chime in here ?? Interested to know if NDI is available for ARM Single board computers.

A.

The NDI SDK has files for Linux OS and some of them are ARM based. Being the Raspberry PI is a low power system, I'm not sure if it has the processing power to deal with NDI. Someone else might know better the answer to that.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane thanks for reply.. The pi runs a quad core 1.2 ghz arm cortex and the odroid a 2.0 ghz quad core arm. so I believe they could if the SDK can support them. The idea is to use them NDI to HDMI.

Quote Originally Posted by AElli View Post
    Hi Kane thanks for reply.. The pi runs a quad core 1.2 ghz arm cortex and the odroid a 2.0 ghz quad core arm. so I believe they could if the SDK can support them. The idea is to use them NDI to HDMI.
    The NDI SDK does not currently provide ARM receive of NDI (only send).

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    The NDI SDK does not currently provide ARM receive of NDI (only send).
    Thanks for your input, unfortunately that puts a damper on my idea of using them as ndi-hdmi display devices. A strange choice to support sending as i cant see it being easy to get video into one of these boards .
    A

NDI send can be used for any internal graphics as well (video clips, titles, stills, effects), it goes beyond live video inputs. I'm sure that receiving supported will be added in time.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Opening up the Raspberry PI to NDI receive would be incredible and add to the diversity of the possible products (as well as drastically reduce cost of development) i can think of MANY uses for this for industrial, residential and military applications. Not just low cost monitors for live video (that in itself would be a major change.) send is great but they really need to get both sides on the ARM. I am waiting (seriously every update i'm crossing my fingers.) I would be happy with live thumb nails and size restrictions. Really ANY NDI receive on a PI i would be ecstatic!!

I agree, we are embedded developer as well and i see a great potential for boards like nvidia TX1 vs. TX2. TX2 has an octa ARM core. I do not see ARM libraries yet in the SDK. Where are they? The best would be if there is an agreement for certified developers who can work on crosscompiling the libs. If Newtek do not want to open their libs, please think about an certified developer program.

That would boost the development time and spread NDI standard much faster.

What do you think?

I totally agree, that would be incredibly useful !

ARM support

Quote Originally Posted by matt.beghin View Post
    I totally agree, that would be incredibly useful !
    Just following up to see in the time elapsed if ARM support has been added?
    Specifically looking for 'receive' on ARM but willing to start with 'send' if supported.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbak View Post
    Just following up to see in the time elapsed if ARM support has been added?
    Specifically looking for 'receive' on ARM but willing to start with 'send' if supported.
    I tried yesterday to build the NDI_Recv sample. I got it to run on a raspberry Pi 3, but it only receives Metadata and Audio, no video. Seems so close. Any idea when video will be supported?

I tried to compile the new NDI SDK ( 2018-06-25 @ r90694) on RPi Debian Jessie, but I get following error:
    Code:
    NDILIB not found: arm-linux-gnueabihf
    Makefile:31: recipe for target 'all' failed
    tried all sorts of installing the gnueabihf, does anyone have an idea?

P.S.
    NewTek should ask these guys to get help for the ARM video codec: http://www.techlife.sg/
    They are amazing on such things....

I am also deeply interested in this SDK update.

looks like once your work going to close with Newtek product's feature. They will give you a dead silent................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast