Thread: FReq: nodal color: more direct access to color picker -- Fewer Clicks Initiative

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Lightbulb FReq: nodal color: more direct access to color picker -- Fewer Clicks Initiative

From the offices of The Fewer Clicks Initiative:

Just noticed: nodal color, instead of taking you directly to the very effective Jovian Color Picker which includes swatches you could directly click on, first forces you to make a stop at their sketchy, mullet-wearing cousin's place to pick up a mysterious bag of "nuthin' man, mind your own beeswax".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Node-color.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	474.5 KB 
ID:	133943

I suggest a more direct, straight to the color picker would eliminate a click. Now, I know this will necessitate accommodating color envelopes, but that's why they make the big bucks.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

hmm I dunno about this, I usually stay at that little picker unless I need to pick a color from screen, a kelvin color or a preset. I however usually switch it out of RGB as I'm more comfortable in HSV, so I right click on it.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Well then, why not just put the rgb/hsv right ON the node itself? There's plenty of room there. I bet you could put rgb/hsv, kelvin and a pickwhip all in the node the size it is now.

Then you'd directly set the color right there, your way, without the stupid dialog, and dbl clicking it would bring up the more complete color picker.

Just looking for better ways, with fewer clicks and less mouse travel.

I like that idea.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    The only deal is: TMK all node controls appear exterior to the node. This is a bad idea, but the UI toolbox they are using may not (or may) allow user interaction on the nodes.

---That would have been a big misstep in design, IMO. I'm hoping it's not the case. Matt?

Controls directly ON nodes would be A Good Thing: for one thing, it would ease implementation of the oft-requested "input OFF switch" -- disabling an input without changing the connections.