Thread: Cant download my copy of SpeedEdit

Exclamation Cant download my copy of SpeedEdit

Just posted this in general support forum but I'm in a pinch and hoping to get some kind of response before Monday when Newtek's office is open

I just did new clean OS install and reinstalling software. When I logged into my Newtek account under My Products I can see my registered copies of SpeedEDIT but when I click on My Downloads SpeedEDIT is not listed?!?! My install Disks are buried somewhere in storage. How do I install my registered software?!?!?
    Kevin Washington

At the bottom is the SpeedEdit downloads. The update will install SpeedEdit 2.x as well.

http://www.newtek.com/downloads/previous.html
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hey Kane, I'm only a registered 1.X user and the 1.X software in My Downloads only starts with the 1.2 update when trying to install the 1.2 update its asking for a previous version. As I mentioned my install discs are buried in storage so I cant start the process to download SpeedEDIT and upgrade/patch my way to ver 1.5

I don't know if it makes a difference but I was on the beta testing team years ago. I don't know if that made me eligible for ver 2 or I had an unregistered copy? its been quite a few years since using SpeedEDIT, but I need access to what ever version I'm eligible for because I need to re-edit an old project I used it on
    Kevin Washington

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSTAR View Post
    Hey Kane, I'm only a registered 1.X user and the 1.X software in My Downloads only starts with the 1.2 update when trying to install the 1.2 update its asking for a previous version. As I mentioned my install discs are buried in storage so I cant start the process to download SpeedEDIT and upgrade/patch my way to ver 1.5
    You should be able to download and install version 1.5.1 and register from that version. Is the system preventing that from happening?

Unfortunately you cant start with version 1.5.1, you still have to start with the base 1.0 version to make all the necessary upgrades. All is good though NewTek helped me out. Thanks for checking
    Kevin Washington