Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    Nice. Do you have an animated version posted?
    No...not posted, I did some minor tests rendered to my harddive, but I didnīt like the motion that much so ..that is still something I may look in to later, but I would really like the particle handling to be a bit more efficient than it is now, they at least removed the 1 million particle render limit..and with the 64 bit version I could get to 3 millions without it being too slow to simulate or render, but going up to 6 or 8 millions it starts to become very slow and not enjoyable, and that is only with particles driven by fractal textures in the particle emitters velocity tab..which is much much faster than trying to push the particles with a directional force and use fractal textures in the wind force velocity channels instead..that would be uberslow or freezing the system, there is differences in the way how particles move in the velocity vectors when using them directly in the particle emitter..wich gives a more non dynamic motion compared to wind force with fractal textures wich yields a more dynamic motion..but it is way slower as said.

I could post some preview open gl shots on how the particles moves..but not today.

There was a change in the display of particles for lightwave 2015 compared to 11.6, in 2015 we now have a much smaller openGL display of the particles, some people seem to not like it ..because they are harder to spot, I would suggest to add some size to them in the emitter panel, or add hypervoxels and use show size there to help with that, but it should really be an option to use either small particle tics or larger.

I however prefer the smaller more accurate to pixel size particles, why? ....well it gives me a better feedback on how particle fields like this will look like when I finally add hv sprites, but I get that in the opengl view, previously it was just a big mess of particle points which couldnīt give me a proper feedback on the whole particle density to match my fine tuned sprites.

Bedtime now in stockholm...but it is actually early morning, my day/night schedule is whacked up and the sun is coming up, so I have to get to the tomb before my skin burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    I would never put something that was actually a good thing in to such a negative context. In fact most of the negativity leveled at the developers have been in the context of something good and positive somehow turned into negatives.

What they did was positive and fairly above and beyond.

But it was not well received, by a small vocal few (which is always the case), even when it was informative, positive and lifted the spirits around here for a while.

That they stopped doing it is more to do with the lack of interest in dealing with the vocal few who troll with no other interest than to cause turbulence.

What I am suggesting is that YOU are part of the small vocal few, and want to condemn everyone else for having an opposing view of the situation. I personally think the blog was a joke, and seeing how things ended up now... I think it hurt them much more than it helped them. The way I see it... they drew a lot of attention to themselves so that everyone could watch them flop on their face AGAIN. Did you see how the foundries release was handled, or c4d, or Houdini. Do you not notice a big difference in the professional non gimmicky way that those companies handle things compared to NT. I sure do... WHY NO SIGRAPH? They had that very successful blog to present and wow people with... LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

What makes you right, and those who disagree with you trolls? Cause I think you are wrong... WAY wrong if you think that blog was successful in anyway (is that what you are saying?), and the reason I am pointing out the mass exodus of people is just to show you that their are A LOT more people who dont see the situation as you do.

Also for you to say its a small vocal few is pretty funny... Have you seen the forum lately? Are we seeing the same thing. From what I can see it seems like I suggested... YOU ARE THE SMALL VOCAL FEW telling others how they should perceive the situation or they are some how bad or a "troll" if they dont agree with you. In fact... you may be one of the only people I have talked to that actually think the blog was a success.

Also, in one post you say they cant market something if they dont have anything to market, and then you claim that the blog was a success. How the hell does that work? If they had something to market 6 months ago shouldn't they still have that product to market now? They showed NOTHING in that blog, and it WAS a premature blunder to get as many people as they could to upgrade to 2015... and the fact that 6 months has past and still no release should be enough to tell you it was a premature blunder... very similar to many premature blunders of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    No...not posted, I did some minor tests rendered to my harddive, but I didnīt like the motion that much so ..that is still something I may look in to later, but I would really like the particle handling to be a bit more efficient than it is now, they at least removed the 1 million particle render limit..and with the 64 bit version I could get to 3 millions without it being too slow to simulate or render, but going up to 6 or 8 millions it starts to become very slow and not enjoyable, and that is only with particles driven by fractal textures in the particle emitters velocity tab..which is much much faster than trying to push the particles with a directional force and use fractal textures in the wind force velocity channels instead..that would be uberslow or freezing the system, there is differences in the way how particles move in the velocity vectors when using them directly in the particle emitter..wich gives a more non dynamic motion compared to wind force with fractal textures wich yields a more dynamic motion..but it is way slower as said.

I could post some preview open gl shots on how the particles moves..but not today.

There was a change in the display of particles for lightwave 2015 compared to 11.6, in 2015 we now have a much smaller openGL display of the particles, some people seem to not like it ..because they are harder to spot, I would suggest to add some size to them in the emitter panel, or add hypervoxels and use show size there to help with that, but it should really be an option to use either small particle tics or larger.

I however prefer the smaller more accurate to pixel size particles, why? ....well it gives me a better feedback on how particle fields like this will look like when I finally add hv sprites, but I get that in the opengl view, previously it was just a big mess of particle points which couldnīt give me a proper feedback on the whole particle density to match my fine tuned sprites.

Bedtime now in stockholm...but it is actually early morning, my day/night schedule is whacked up and the sun is coming up, so I have to get to the tomb before my skin burns.
    You sound like me. I just finished a project in LW/AE I have been working on for 5 months and I became a vampire, staying up until sunup then going to bed.
    Good night we can talk tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    You sound like me. I just finished a project in LW/AE I have been working on for 5 months and I became a vampire, staying up until sunup then going to bed.
    Good night we can talk tomorrow.
    yes..probably a bit alike there, you got to catch inspirational waves and surf on it when they are there..that sometimes mean stayin up long, I guess that I have found my dayrythm to be way longer than it should be in order to follow "normal 8 sleep, 8 work, 8 daily chores schedules, itīs more like staing up for 20 hours or a bit above that, then sleep, but when I always try to sleep as long as I can, so it can often be 9-10 hours, occasionally when I canīt ..5-6 hours, but I try to take care of sleeping long enough..otherwise it simply turn stupid

And strangely, I prefer night time and not strong sunlight...every now and then you can also se me dancing naked in front of the moon in stockholm that is ...and howling, but donīt worry about creatures like me, your in austin texas so you are safe, unless you yourself go out for a streak.

This is prometheus...signing of for today.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    yes..probably a bit alike there, you got to catch inspirational waves and surf on it when they are there..that sometimes mean stayin up long, I guess that I have found my dayrythm to be way longer than it should be in order to follow "normal 8 sleep, 8 work, 8 daily chores schedules, itīs more like staing up for 20 hours or a bit above that, then sleep, but when I always try to sleep as long as I can, so it can often be 9-10 hours, occasionally when I canīt ..5-6 hours, but I try to take care of sleeping long enough..otherwise it simply turn stupid

And strangely, I prefer night time and not strong sunlight...every now and then you can also se me dancing naked in front of the moon in stockholm that is ...and howling, but donīt worry about creatures like me, your in austin texas so you are safe, unless you yourself go out for a streak.

This is prometheus...signing of for today.
    I like the sun but with my work schedule I have missed a lot of sunshine this summer. I do like to work at night as there are no distractions but it can mess up your sleep schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    What I am suggesting is that YOU are part of the small vocal few, and want to condemn everyone else for having an opposing view of the situation..
    You are suggesting that and a lot of other things can not possibly suggest from what I have said. Further you are fabricating connections to things that I never made connections to. This is not a conversation. This is just you talking with yourself and making up a lot of things to make a point. Filling in connections and fabricating inconsistencies and contradictions from thin air.

I get it. You think the bog was a joke. I don't agree. My reasons have nothing to do with anything you have said. And since it is clear you are not interested in a conversation other than to be right, I don't have a lot of incentive to explain further.

Troll along now....

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealist. View Post
    Nah. I would never put something that was actually a good thing in to such a negative context. In fact most of the negativity leveled at the developers have been in the context of something good and positive somehow turned into negatives.

What they did was positive and fairly above and beyond.

But it was not well received, by a small vocal few (which is always the case), even when it was informative, positive and lifted the spirits around here for a while.

That they stopped doing it is more to do with the lack of interest in dealing with the vocal few who troll with no other interest than to cause turbulence.

If it was a blunder, the users are equally to blame. And I point the finger at moderation for not being simply willing to warn and/or ban people.

It gets so out of hand around here that when there was a recent posting for a legit job for LWvers at CBS it was quickly turned into "this is a scam".

The same people seem to show up on all the threads with this kind of negatively and it is no wonder that blog posts turn nasty even when they are positive.

No nope. Sorry to disagree. Not a blunder. Not premature. Was good while it lasted.
    My last response was simply a direct reply to this post and the one before it about not having something to market (where I agreed with you cause they didnt), and instead of answering any of what i said, you called me troll... Seems like when the going gets tough... you shut down like a little baby troll yourself. You took the easy way out of having to answer for your comments. I didnt put any words into your mouth... simply replying to this post. Thats all good though...

this part is very telling as to your true charactor...
    "And I point the finger at moderation for not being simply willing to warn and/or ban people"
    If they dont agree with your viewpoint ban them... I knew you were that type of scum form the start though. Troll along yourself... You would make a great Nazi. Not a fan of differing opinions are you?
    Last edited by Prince Charming; 08-06-2016 at 12:49 AM.

Instead of trying to pick fights with people do you have anything constructive to add? We all know you are bryphi and I respect all the tuts you have done to push LW but you don't come off as a nice person that people want to converse with.

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.

It was mentioned in the previous posts but I guess some folks missed that

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    NewTek cannot be expected to devote resources into new releases if its "regular" customers are failing to upgrade. This is what drove Adobe to subscriptions.
    "Drove"!?!?!? This appears to imply that they had no choice, their backs were up against the wall, arm twisted and forced into it by the customer base. NOT! Stockholders' dividends "drove" that decision. IOW, greed and keeping that CEO Bonus going. Customers upgraded all along when the development showed significant reason to invest in an upgrade. Little improvement = No investment. They didn't like being effectively told they were slacking off, so came up with a way to force the customer to pay without necessarily having to produce anything.
    Blown Glass · Carbon Fiber + Imagination

Spherical Magic | We Build Cool Stuff!

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming View Post
    My last response was
    You are forgetting something. You are still banned. You snuck back in. You are already not welcome here as long as you conduct yourself like this and resort to name calling, and badgering people.

I will back off and leave it to the mods to simply ban you again if that is what they choose to do. Clearly you learned nothing the last time in my opinion.

Just a regular "observer" asking, why would the blogs Newtek did not be good? I thought they were interesting and made the wait for the next version of Lightwave a little easier? Only problem is, they should assign something like that to someone, a web developer, externally, away from the rest of the team, so that updates to it is not such a problem in times of software release for example.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikSkoglund View Post
    Just a regular "observer" asking, why would the blogs Newtek did not be good? I thought they were interesting and made the wait for the next version of Lightwave a little easier? Only problem is, they should assign something like that to someone, a web developer, externally, away from the rest of the team, so that updates to it is not such a problem in times of software release for example.
    -They don't think it's important enough
    -They have no resources
    -Are afraid of leaking out too much information and the competition steals it
    -All the above

Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    -They don't think it's important enough
    -They have no resources
    -Are afraid of leaking out too much information and the competition steals it
    -All the above
    pretty much, think of it this way regarding the blog, spend a couple of hours tarting a wordpress page up or use they hours to create a decent content download for LWNEXT or development , keep in mind it's a pretty small team when it comes to marketing...

afraid of a leak is an understatement, I got ben pretty drunk and he still didn't give any juicy details, in fact we actually didn't really talk about LW even after the demo, I don't know if it was actively avoided or beer and pool was more fun however it was like getting blood out of a stone and it seems to be the general default response from all members of staff " can't say anything in development " ... they really are in shutdown mode and it's pretty evident that request has came from upper management.

the vibe I was getting was LWNEXT is not out because it's simply not ready, end of!
    the really have ripped it apart and rebuilt it, but in a good way, some of the things I seen looked really good, but it was the subtle tweaks that caught my attention, I mean it's still LW, it will still piss you off and it will still give you that satisfaction feeling when you hit f9, but it's moving in the right direction, perhaps even current one could say.

reading this back it sounds like a marketing post , but trust me I'm not exactly on good terms with NT atm and I can assure you I get where the anger is coming from 100% , but you really need to stop hitting on each other, it's getting personal between members that have known each other for over 10 years ...

don't hit the player , hit the game!

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    pretty much, think of it this way regarding the blog, spend a couple of hours tarting a wordpress page up or use they hours to create a decent content download for LWNEXT or development , keep in mind it's a pretty small team when it comes to marketing...

afraid of a leak is an understatement, I got ben pretty drunk and he still didn't give any juicy details, in fact we actually didn't really talk about LW even after the demo, I don't know if it was actively avoided or beer and pool was more fun however it was like getting blood out of a stone and it seems to be the general default response from all members of staff " can't say anything in development " ... they really are in shutdown mode and it's pretty evident that request has came from upper management.

the vibe I was getting was LWNEXT is not out because it's simply not ready, end of!
    the really have ripped it apart and rebuilt it, but in a good way, some of the things I seen looked really good, but it was the subtle tweaks that caught my attention, I mean it's still LW, it will still piss you off and it will still give you that satisfaction feeling when you hit f9, but it's moving in the right direction, perhaps even current one could say.

reading this back it sounds like a marketing post , but trust me I'm not exactly on good terms with NT atm and I can assure you I get where the anger is coming from 100% , but you really need to stop hitting on each other, it's getting personal between members that have known each other for over 10 years ...

don't hit the player , hit the game!

Seems to be valid points guys, I agree too that they should keep things secret, there are though things they can write about a new version that dont give too much away. Like they did on performance upgrades for example.

Oh well, your post made me quite worked up on the new version OnlineRender

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast