Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 ads with Lightwave: Cows and Octopus

2 ads with Lightwave: Cows and Octopus

Hello people!
    Here I am bringing you our two last projects at Juan Solo VFX Studio.

Here is Mc Donalds Cows

Here is AllState Octopus

Again with realistic animals (in case you forgot, here is our rooster)

All of them with Lightwave, I am an old LW user... at least until now.

Hope you like it!

Great work. I really liked the cows. What about the chocolates and ice cream in the McD commercial, were they done with cg or live shots?

Those were live shots.
    The only CG were the cows (2 in front in the first shot are real, the ones in the bg are 3d, rest of the shots obviously all 3d)

Wow! Great work. Well done

I remember the rooster. Great work!
    When you say "at least until now". Does this mean you no longer use LightWave?

The octopus animation is very short, but looks photoreal. Aby clues as to how you animated him?

Keep up the good work!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Very nice, Profe! Congrats!
    The octopus is great and I would like to see more.
    Felicitaciones, enviá mis saludos a Zampa.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Thank you all!
    For the octopus we animated around 6 seconds but they edited it. I used splines to animate the tentacles.

I made that comment about LW because I am honestly dissapointed. I am tired of praying for third party developers to release a LW version, and tired of being always behind compared to other softwares. I am tired of looking for a trick or a overly complicated scheme to perform taks that are common in other platforms. I am tired of thinking "how an I going to do this". I know LW is fast, and is too comfortable for me, I've used it for over 20 years. Newtek atittude in the last few months have set the last nail in the coffin. I was going to leave LW in the CORE age,but Rob Powers move convinced me otherwise. I am again considering to migrate to other platform. Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks Mauriño, un abrazp!

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leandropedrouzo View Post
    Thank you all!
    For the octopus we animated around 6 seconds but they edited it. I used splines to animate the tentacles.
    It is very nice! Both - the Cows remind me of Cyriak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY

I made that comment about LW because I am honestly dissapointed. I am tired of praying for third party developers to release a LW version, and tired of being always behind compared to other softwares. I am tired of looking for a trick or a overly complicated scheme to perform taks that are common in other platforms. I am tired of thinking "how an I going to do this". I know LW is fast, and is too comfortable for me, I've used it for over 20 years. Newtek atittude in the last few months have set the last nail in the coffin. I was going to leave LW in the CORE age,but Rob Powers move convinced me otherwise. I am again considering to migrate to other platform. Sorry for the off topic.

LW3DG has a lot of room they can improve their product / marketing! It's really puzzling why the silence .. the newsletters have felt impersonal IMO. Still your team (just you?) have been making some very neat stuff!
    -Nick
    audio: Ö ¤ wk Py

Thank you all!

Believe me you are not alone with being tired of the workarounds and shortcomings of LW as well as liking and feeling comfortable with it. I think a lot of people here still use Lightwave for most things but move to other apps for the things LW is not so good at.

Quote Originally Posted by ncr100 View Post
    It is very nice! Both - the Cows remind me of Cyriak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY

LW3DG has a lot of room they can improve their product / marketing! It's really puzzling why the silence .. the newsletters have felt impersonal IMO. Still your team (just you?) have been making some very neat stuff!
    Actually Cyriak was the reference for this Spot. The director and I wanted to go a bit more realistic but the client loved the ref.

Thank you all!

Nice projects. The octopus looks good.

The silence is killing the hardcore lw users.
    It only takes 5 minutes to post something like, "We're working hard on x tools for lightwave next", "Progressing on x feature that hopefully will make it in lightwave next".
    If its too far off to release date then its better to tell the user base so they will just wait patiently and come back for info in a few months rather than having damaging/negative speculation threads that keep popping up. This is simple positive marketting.

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    Believe me you are not alone with being tired of the workarounds and shortcomings of LW as well as liking and feeling comfortable with it. I think a lot of people here still use Lightwave for most things but move to other apps for the things LW is not so good at.
    I don't want to turn this post into a rant but it's nice to hear that I'm not alone, considering also that I am (or was?) a mega-ultra-hard LW user.
    Last edited by leandropedrouzo; 08-01-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Understand we have other threads for that.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Nice projects. The octopus looks good.

The silence is killing the hardcore lw users.
    It only takes 5 minutes to post something like, "We're working hard on x tools for lightwave next", "Progressing on x feature that hopefully will make it in lightwave next".
    If its too far off to release date then its better to tell the user base so they will just wait patiently and come back for info in a few months rather than having damaging/negative speculation threads that keep popping up. This is simple positive marketting.
    IMO marketing is the drop that spilled the glass, but the current main problem is the difficult in playing/intereacting/integrating with other softs/technologies. Maybe 20 years ago it was perfectly fine for Newtek to go solo, but in 2016 you cannot go by yourself, unless you are a giant or you have a name so big that all the other companies want to work with you.

Thanks for your comment. We will release in a couple of days a breakdown/making reel for some projects and these will be included.

Very cool work! Thanks fr posting.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast