Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 ads with Lightwave: Cows and Octopus

absolutley amazing. thanks and keep doing stuffs like these.

The cow video link didn't work but the Octopus looks fantastic!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

The reason you can't see the cow video is because it has been pulled, due to being a blatant rip-off of UK artist Cyriak. It goes far further than "inspired by" I'm afraid.

See here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/advertisi...ak-142092.html

Stuck in a very big cube Waves of light's Avatar
    Whoops - this is probably why the link to the Cow animation doesn't work right now:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...work/87994500/

Systen Spec: i7 4930k (OC @4.5ghz),ASUS p9x79 MB, 32GB Ballistix RAM, H60 cooling, Samsung SSD 120GB, WD 1TB

Sorry to hear the Cyriac found your cow animation and you pulled it. Who 'inspired' the octopus? It's one thing to be 'inspired' by another artist without payment, but quite a bad move to publicize it.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff3dnz View Post
    The reason you can't see the cow video is because it has been pulled, due to being a blatant rip-off of UK artist Cyriak. It goes far further than "inspired by" I'm afraid.

See here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/advertisi...ak-142092.html

...I could swear I've seen this somewhere and though maybe it was one of those viral videos someone did on YT.

Huh. Quite uncool.

DISCLAIMER: not casting judgement, only commenting on what appears to be a mess.
    Last edited by Spinland; 08-04-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Hey, sorry to hear that, Leandro! I hope everything goes well to everybody. Lamento muchisimo!
    Ground control to Major Tom

can't believe they took a screen shot with the crappy forum skin on......

lessons to be learnt here ... tough break

I withdraw my previous compliments in light of the huge scandal that has developed.

President, the LightWave Group robpowers3d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Nice projects. The octopus looks good.

The silence is killing the hardcore lw users.
    It only takes 5 minutes to post something like, "We're working hard on x tools for lightwave next", "Progressing on x feature that hopefully will make it in lightwave next".
    If its too far off to release date then its better to tell the user base so they will just wait patiently and come back for info in a few months rather than having damaging/negative speculation threads that keep popping up. This is simple positive marketting.
    I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.
    Rob Powers

President, NewTek LightWave 3D Group
    Burbank, CA

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.
    Awesome. Thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave...
    they need to fix that render, it's receiving quite a lot of negative critique.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...?f=2&t=1388681

we all know LightWave can output Much better render quality, even with the old render engine.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

they need to fix that render, it's receiving quite a lot of negative critique.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...?f=2&t=1388681

we all know LightWave can output Much better render quality, even with the old render engine.
    Need to fix the sound and camera angles too.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

First of all, thank you Rob for posting! Seems like all features for this release are set and are now being polished. Makes me think by the end of this year it will release.

Second, I'm very excited about the new Star Trek TV series, but that trailer looks like it's for a game. What's up with that?!
    I thought they would use the ending shot of the latest Star Trek movie where the ship is being pieced together. Two birds with one stone, you know?

*EDIT*
    Seems as though this was just a rendered out concept animation. Probably something they cooked up really fast for ComiCon.
    Last edited by Schwyhart; 08-05-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    Mac Pro
    3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
    32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
    1TB PCIe-based SSD
    Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast