Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 ads with Lightwave: Cows and Octopus

Quote Originally Posted by robpowers3d View Post
    I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks Rob. I will wait. That post is enough for me. Much better than deafening silence.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

they need to fix that render, it's receiving quite a lot of negative critique.
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...?f=2&t=1388681

we all know LightWave can output Much better render quality, even with the old render engine.
    I thought it was the ship design every one was bashing because they made the Enterprise look like a Klingon ship.

I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    I thought it was the ship design every one was bashing because they made the Enterprise look like a Klingon ship.
    The ship and the name of the show are problematic. Star Trek Discovery, forever to be known as STD or why does it hurt when I vent my plasma conduit.
    Daniel Kaiser

"A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and never acceptable." Robert Fripp

AMD Phenom II x6 3.2
    Win 7 Pro x64
    8gig Ram
    Nvidia 640 GT 2Gb
    LW 11 x64

Quote Originally Posted by danielkaiser View Post
    The ship and the name of the show are problematic. Star Trek Discovery, forever to be known as STD or why does it hurt when I vent my plasma conduit.
    Hehehehe. Yeah that will be a problem. I imagine it's too late to change the name though so they will just have to live with it.

Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by js33 View Post
    some of the comments are on the ship design itself, some like it, some don't. personally i kinda like it.
    the design was made by Ralf McQuarrie.

comments on the render quality however....

- I thought it was a realtime rendered sequence using a game engine from some upcoming Star Trek game.
    - This is for real. It was released at Comic Con. I was also a bit shocked by the CGI quality.
    - some fan film from 2002 level CGI.
    - I'm also a bit stunned at the poor quality CGI. Is the budget non-existent for this show?
    - It looks worse than 2010's video games.
    - Wow, that is some of the WORST CGI I have EVER seen

i'll stop there.

"The official channel just pulled their video" ...So hopefully we'll see better renders in not too long.
    Last edited by erikals; 08-06-2016 at 04:36 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

People are very demanding of quality today. Were those comments from 3D people who are of course very quality conscious.

People are very demanding of quality today.
    true, so cutting the quality level is not a smart choice.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Thank you for the information, Rob. As you may know people here are very impatient and nervous about all this silence about LWNext, so any little information you can give is very welcome.
    Last edited by MAUROCOR; 08-06-2016 at 06:28 AM.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Had Rob not posted, I would have kept thinking the release was imminent.. any day... now, based on his wording, I do not expect it, at all, for months yet... Maybe ignorance was bliss?...

Frequenter

Well, good to hear that you guys are still around :-\
    I was really worrying quite much already. Pretty sure tons of others also.
    Yet, I still do worry a bit... The community - well, I anyway - would surely be very thankful for a bit more info reassuring that development is still an ongoing process...
    Donīt get me wrong: I know we all have no right whatsoever to demand anything at all. it is just you guys laid out the crumbs and all of a sudden just stopped feeding without any explanation...
    Not good... :-\ But you probably recognized that yourself already...

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

some of the comments are on the ship design itself, some like it, some don't. personally i kinda like it.
    the design was made by Ralf McQuarrie.

comments on the render quality however....

- I thought it was a realtime rendered sequence using a game engine from some upcoming Star Trek game.
    - This is for real. It was released at Comic Con. I was also a bit shocked by the CGI quality.
    - some fan film from 2002 level CGI.
    - I'm also a bit stunned at the poor quality CGI. Is the budget non-existent for this show?
    - It looks worse than 2010's video games.
    - Wow, that is some of the WORST CGI I have EVER seen

i'll stop there.

"The official channel just pulled their video" ...So hopefully we'll see better renders in not too long.
    It seems pretty obvious to me that this is an illustrated look. like a cartoon, not photo real 3D, so it's some sort of stylistic choice for the teaser or Comic Con, or the show is going to be an animated cartoon. But I really don't think it is just bad CG, even rank amateurs would not present that as a photo real render, not these days. if you look at it as a cartoon it's actually pretty cool.

I like how that light makes that sfx when turned on.
    Whoever directed this wasn't really concerned about quality and the explanations about (we had only xx time to do this is lame excuse), should have wait and release something that looks very decent.
    This looks like game cinematic from 6 years ago.

I would rather see a shot from the deck with someone looking at a giant screen maybe some voiceover and a logo, enough to build interest and hype.

Rob ..Nice to hear, but I missed this post ..I heard about it in some other thread but had to look around to find it, I would suggest to post this in a direct new post or in the posts more related to "what is going on" still better than nothing
    (I guess it must feel like this for you ...no matter how I do it it comes out wrong sometimes)

Itīs just that when you put out the info in a specific thead about ads with lightwave, it may fall under the radar for those who wantīs to know a bit more of what is going on., itīs just a minor suggestion to consider and no big deal I reckon your post will be spread anyway...but a little slower.

Star Trek seem to be an everlasting series going on for ever, and it is "Fascinating" to see how it can adapt and embrace so many facettes of how we behave as humans, explorations, and scientific questions....Itīs a lot that appeals to so many of us, and yes..it is no wonder they employ lightwave in the pipeline, itīs excellent for space shots in terms of both rendering and speed and easy creation of content.

No need to respond on this post, just keep working on the next release to get it stable.

PROMETHEUS JUMPGATE TO LIGHTWAVE....
    http://michaeli65.wix.com/prometheus

Michael

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast