Thread: Which application ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which application ?

I'm looking to grab an NDI feed from a network, and push it out via SDI. I have a BMD decklink duo card in the pc. Can Newtek connect do this, or is it only connect pro that will achieve this.

A.

My understanding is Connect will do it and that Connect Pro just extends the number of NDI channels to 4 and adds several other features. I think Connect is free so it would be easy to test if it fit what you needed.
    Gabe Thomas

NDI Connect (the free version) can do this.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks guys, you have confirmed what I had thought, but I'm having no luck with connect. I'll try with another PC, but didn't want the hassle of swapping out cards if it only worked with connect pro.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by AElli View Post
    Thanks guys, you have confirmed what I had thought, but I'm having no luck with connect. I'll try with another PC, but didn't want the hassle of swapping out cards if it only worked with connect pro.

A.
    I'm sure you've reviewed this page, but here's a good explanation of basic requirements and a comparison between the paid and free app.
    http://pages.newtek.com/NDI-Connect-Download.html
    Gabe Thomas

Tnks gabe, I was aware, but needing to take an NDI stream and push it out as SDI to feed into a remote hardware recorder. Kinda the opposite of grabbing SDI and sending over IP.

Quote Originally Posted by AElli View Post
    I'm looking to grab an NDI feed from a network, and push it out via SDI. I have a BMD decklink duo card in the pc. Can Newtek connect do this, or is it only connect pro that will achieve this.

A.
    If you wanted to do that on Mac OSX, Sienna's new "NDI Outlet" will be suitable

http://sienna.tv/ndi

NDI Connect is the correct app to send NDI to output card like Black Magic

Thanks

Jeff

A mac is Not something I would consider. I do now have this working,. The issue, BMD driver updates, rolled back to earlier vers and.... Now it works.
    A.