Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C4D R18 announced

Been using C4D Studio for a year now, and havent touched LW in that time except for the transitionning phase when modeling C4D seemed awkward. I now model only in C4D and sculpting tools, altough the sculpting in C4D is quite ok for many things. The thing is: the app suffers from the same syndromes every app suffers from, namely old and redundant code. Not everything is animatable, not every thing can easily be undone or reset. Granted, compared with LW its a whole other wold, but that only means the shortcomings are so much more apparent LW wins when it comes to get things done quickly, great material system, ease of use. Most things take me twice or three times longer, and the clicks are many more and in different places. But at the end of the day, You get accustomed to it as You get accustomed to LW.
    Bye,
    Emmanuel

----------------
    For Hire
    Portfolio
    Graveyard Dogs Indie game dev blog, visit and vote for the best RPG of all time !

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
    LW wins when it comes to get things done quickly, great material system, ease of use. Most things take me twice or three times longer, and the clicks are many more and in different places.
    See, I >>LOVE<< posts like this, because it's all too easy to see the grass as being greener across the fence. It takes a while to spot some shortcomings, and hearing about them makes the competition seem less unbeatable.

THANKS.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12