Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anima 2

Anima 2

We are offering a summer 25% discount off everything in the AXYZ store until the end of July!

Take advantage of this promo to purchase some of our Metropoly 3d Characters, ready for 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, SketchUp, Rhino and LightWave, with a 25% discount.

Or get Anima 2, the new version of our Crowd Simulation Software, for only 186.75€ instead of the usual 249€.

https://secure.axyz-design.com/

Did they bring back collada yet?

I have Anima2...and it's still without one exporter for Collada. So for now for us LW's users Anima2 is useless...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko3D View Post
    I have Anima2...and it's still without one exporter for Collada. So for now for us LW's users Anima2 is useless...
    I have Anima2 too.
    it's still without one exporter for LW now... ><

I also have Anima2, bought last November so I could play with it until "early next year" when AXYZ stated the update with the Collada exporter was planned to be released, after I asked.

Next email stated "Regarding the collada exporter, we have it already in Beta but I can't tell you exactly when it is going to be released"

I bought it on the back of 'beta' and 'early next year'. I sincerely hope now that Christmas is out of the way they can prioritise the exporter as it's pretty useless to any LightWaver until it's done. Great bit of software - bit like owning the prettiest ball gown but no one's throwing a party.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    I also have Anima2, bought last November so I could play with it until "early next year" when AXYZ stated the update with the Collada exporter was planned to be released, after I asked.

Next email stated "Regarding the collada exporter, we have it already in Beta but I can't tell you exactly when it is going to be released"

I bought it on the back of 'beta' and 'early next year'. I sincerely hope now that Christmas is out of the way they can prioritise the exporter as it's pretty useless to any LightWaver until it's done. Great bit of software - bit like owning the prettiest ball gown but no one's throwing a party.
    I will consider using 3DSMAX as a backup
    Platform, before AXYZ support Lightwave, thank you for your answer!^~<

A quick bump to say that getting in touch with AXYZ a couple of weeks ago led them to tell me that they plan on a release in March with the necessary exporters
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

A quick bump to say that getting in touch with AXYZ a couple of weeks ago led them to tell me that they plan on a release in March with the necessary exporters
    cool! using anima as well for static people in LW here... at the moment i export from C4D (to which anima scenes can be loaded with corresponding plugin) via OBJ. for exporting from C4D i'm using the excellent riptide pro plugin, as the native maxon OBJ export is a joke. works well, but of course, not for animation. hope LW will be supported soon, that would be great!

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    cool! using anima as well for static people in LW here... at the moment i export from C4D (to which anima scenes can be loaded with corresponding plugin) via OBJ. for exporting from C4D i'm using the excellent riptide pro plugin, as the native maxon OBJ export is a joke. works well, but of course, not for animation. hope LW will be supported soon, that would be great!

cheers

markus
    Can't you export a fbx from c4d for transfering animation and objects?

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    Can't you export a fbx from c4d for transfering animation and objects?
    yes probably this could work, but as long as i don't need animated people i won't mess around with it. FBX in LW does not transport textures if i remember correctly...
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

I mainly use FBX for transferring rig motions and cameras, but I don't think I've seen any problems with regular textures coming through FBX when there's a UV map.

Surface properties, on the other hand, are a whole other thing but that's because surface settings vary from program to program.

cinematic weirdo
    Thanks for the heads up with the countdown to Anima 2.5 . . .

Keep fingers crossed for export to Lightwave !

Regards,

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

cinematic weirdo
    24 hours to go . . .

Release Notes:

ANIMA 2.5.0 MAJOR UPDATE | 04/04/2017

NEW FEATURES:
    A new Export option is now available from the Scenes menu, allowing you to convert your scene into a common 3D format! The exporter module has the same limitations as the anima Plugin if no license is currently active. The formats currently available are:
    – OpenCOLLADA (Point Cache or Skeleton): Blender and Lightwave presets have been included for convenience.

:-)

Regards,

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

So it supports lightwave now? Are you sure? Pointcache means we can use dponts pc loader directly in layout.
    I wish they would extend the countdown.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast