Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My favorite movies thread

I started watching Trigun anime. I love it very much. I started learning to create 2d anime art.
    I found out in trigun, that the kitty cat that appears regularly in it is so simple and easy to draw
    that even I (a 2d beginner) can draw it. Much of the animation in trigun is very amazing and hard for
    me to create, but some of it, like the kitty, I can do. This is very encouraging to me, it means even
    when starting I can create part of a real anime show. I am very happy, and pumped to master the
    art of 2d/cartoon/anime.
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

I just watched the final 2 episodes of the last season of star trek deep space 9.
    I just thought the animation was amazing on the space battle between the Dominion forces
    and the alliance. So amazing !!! I loved the space battle !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Hi:
    I just watched again 'pirates of the caribbean:at world's end'. Not only I loved the visual effects, but I also loved
    the make-up, and the story. I love Johnny Depp !!!
    He is the greatest !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Hi:
    I just got the dvd for Disney's moana. I loved the movie very much.
    To me, the hair on the characters looked amazing. I wish I could do something like that in Sasquatch.
    I loved the water simulations and the character models.
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

"BARAKA" best film hands down...

"BARAKA" or EARTH as You Huemons call it with music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

Hi:
    i just finished watching all 3 hotel transylvania's.
    noy only I loved the animation, but also the story very much.
    I am learning character animation with lightwave, and these movies
    are rich in animation. To me, they are like a treasure full of great character
    animation.
    Excelsior !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Just watched x-men Apocalypse for the first time, on my TV set, should have seen it on the movies though so the sound etc would have more impact..itīs such a type of movie you know.

Anyway...I had seen many "spoiler" clips on youtube, so I knew what was about to happen etc..so it kind of ruined it a bit, and I really didnīt like what I saw initially in those clips, but following it from the start and seeing the whole
    movie, I actually found it to be pretty good, though I canīt say I liked the choice of sophie turner as Jean Grey, maybe I am too stuck with the image of Famke Jensen as Jean grey, and I didnīt think there was any kind of resemblence between them, except for slightly red hair.
    Famke Jensen as Jean Grey was perfect though, but sure..wouldīt work as a younger version.

Story was decent, effects as well, I think the story dealing with Eric (magneto) and the tragedy of the holocaust weaved in to his hatred is interesting to watch, and always a strong theme, as well as other aspects of being different and not accepted and feared.
    Funniest effects is probably quicksilvers high speed moments, with good music accompanying it all.
    Oscar Isaac I have never heard of before, but he was great as Apocalypse.

I think I would rate Apocalypse before x-men days of future past, but not before the three first ones.

Just saw "arrival" for the first time, unfortunately I rarely go to the big cinema theatres, so my big tv set had to do..
    Guess I missed out on the sound effects though since I do not have a good speaker booster.

Anyway..I knew that it wasnīt going to bring spectacular visual effects or so, and yes..some of the stuff was interesting, but it failed to really get me excited.
    As for the more serious scifi attempts of contacts with alien species, "close encounter of the third kind" and the movie "contact" is my favourites..I felt contact being far more exciting ...both in story plot, acting...dialog, camera work etc.

The only thing I can think of where arrival may have been more interesting, that was perhaps the heptapods and the way they communicated, interesting approach rather than not seeing the actual aliens which may have left some people dissapointed for the movie contact.

On the other hand, it made more sense to me that a highly advanced species would analyze us and do their outmost to communicate in understandable ways...and even though they did not speak in any normal language in the movie contact, the way messages was sent as math hidden in radiosignals made more sense to me, than a species that actually landed and was trying to say hello with complex ink patterns.

Then the premise..or the big plot was kind of ..the Aliens helped us stop another war with nukes kind of, though it came in the form of a gift of reading signs and languages in such way that it opened up a way to read the future? hmm...interesting but a bit confusing to me, since I do not know if such theory actually exists, or if it just is completly fictional.

I didnīt think much of the acting, the dialog or the cinematic camera work either, and the vfx..not much to excite there either, the alien ships took on the more common standard of depicting alien ships as just oval spheres or discs, similar to that of the ships in prometheus in the beginning.
    So my reviews goes a bit to the opposite of what I have heard on imdb, where many folks is praising it.

Let me say, I would see the movie Contact five times a year, and arrival maybe two times...and that with the notion that I have seen Contact many many times already.

Edit..some background on the logograms for the Movie Arrival...
    https://www.businessinsider.com/alie...6-11?r=US&IR=T

hi:

I enjoyed reading your posts Prometheus.
    I started collecting studio Ghibli's anime movies. I have now many, and very soon I will have all. I love them very much.
    I have a fond place in my heart for Nausicaa of the valley of the wind. I just love Ghibli.
    take care !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Nausicaa of the valley of the wind

just realized i never watched that one...  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

when the theatrical rights were taken up by Harvey Weinstein in America, who had a notoriously bad reputation for chopping up and reediting movies he bought in, Miyazaki sent him a katana with a little note on it ............'No Cuts !'

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345