Thread: Demo of Advanced Edition

Demo of Advanced Edition

Hi.

Is there a chance to get a demo of the advanced edition??? Or perhaps try for a few days. My company thinks about to go advanced but it would be great to try before buy.

Greetz

No, sorry. Perhaps you can find a knowledgeable reseller in your locale.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Anyone can actually download either version of AE (v1 or v2) and install and use it - it runs without being registered, and simply puts a "Newtek" watermark on the Program Out.

What I would recommend when done trying out/playing with AE is to do a RESTORE, and then re-install latest Standard Edition 2_5 update to get you back in business.

I've been doing this on and off for months as I've been working on Macro development for other users that have AE installed.

Thanks

Jeff

So, this raises an interesting question.

Could the software run on a reasonably configured box and only use NDI for input and output, yet preserve most other functionality?

I love the idea of writing and testing macros "offline". A switcher "simulator" and/or "soft switcher". This could also be GREAT for training, too!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Last edited by fgolman; 04-13-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    So, this raises an interesting question.

Could the software run on a reasonably configured box and only use NDI for input and output, yet preserve most other functionality?

I love the idea of writing and testing macros "offline". A switcher "simulator" and/or "soft switcher". This could also be GREAT for training, too!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Hi Fritz,

If you are asking if TriCaster Advanced Edition software can be installed on a "PC", never. I meant that "anyone with a proper TRICASTER can download/install the AE software" and run in a "trial" mode. Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks

Jeff

Ah, oh well. Just a thought.

Fritz

Hi i am setting up to purchase the Tricaster 410 but i would like to purchase the advanced edition 2 with the full NDI, i dont see where on bhphoto or anywere to purchase this.

help

Quote Originally Posted by MarNiko View Post
    Hi i am setting up to purchase the Tricaster 410 but i would like to purchase the advanced edition 2 with the full NDI, i dont see where on bhphoto or anywere to purchase this.

help
    Just search for 'Advanced Edition' on the B&H website, comes right up. You can also purchase it from a local reseller in your area or from http://store.newtek.com
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.