Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AE 2 (4-0) - Things you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Hi Ed,

When you say the 720p recording is interlaced, how are you determining that - because of the way it looks, or does another app tell you the file is interlaced, or what? Because there is technically no "720i" format, doesn't exist. 1280x720 video is always Progressive (720p) - 1080i is the only Interlaced HD format in use. Perhaps because you are using a 1080i Session, then Output 2 is converted to 720p from Interlaced source, you are maybe seeing some "interlacing artifacts" in the 720p recording? Very curious about this.

Thanks

Jeff
    I was surprised too... Loading the mp4 file into vegas it tells me that the file is interlaced.
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Guess I am in error... I see that a message comes in the top that says that it will record output2 but will record the session settings.
    So that answers that question. No bug. It wont transcode on the fly if the codec settings are different from the session.
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

In other words, SDI OUT 2 on back of TC will output 720p as configured...just can't record the scaled version
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie;1469405
    [LIST
    IsoCorder[/LIST]
    [INDENT]
    • Recorders: IsoCorder, which formerly recorded up to 8 channels on two TriCaster models, is limited to 4 in AE V2. AE 2 users who are running 860 or 8000 qualify for a free copy of NDI IsoCorder Pro. This allows one to capture additional NDI channels - actually up to 16 more - on another networked unit. (Note that it requires some serious hardware and network bandwidth to capture 16 HD sources.) IsoCorder Pro sources can be drawn, of course, from any NDI source on the network - including all of the TriCaster sources (i.e., every TriCaster hardware input and any of its 4 outputs).
    How does one go about retrieving our free "pro" version for 860/8000 owners?

Thanks!

Doc
    Doc DeBolt

Digital Matters
    President/Chief Executive Pixel Pusher
    Des Moines, IA

digitalmatters.net

I'm not sure whether that promo has expired or not, but Sales would know I think.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

LOL, ok, i just realized this is a year old and referring to AE2 not AE3....lol

::sigh:: shows why i should not try and think before i have consumed 3 cups of coffee

Doc
    Doc DeBolt

Digital Matters
    President/Chief Executive Pixel Pusher
    Des Moines, IA

digitalmatters.net

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123