Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac OS 11 w/ new expose? or Windows 2004?

Lightbulb Mac OS 11 w/ new expose? or Windows 2004?

actually its project looking glass for Sun. but we should all check this out!!!!

http://wwws.sun.com/software/looking_glass/demo.html

Pixel realestate agent
    SUN went public and praised OSX on its intelligence and future design over any OS out now.. I wouldnt be suprsed they copy OSX and suck up to them to oprevent a law suit..

I ask WHY on earcth do ppl still broadcast in realplayer?

Last edited by Ade; 12-10-2003 at 07:57 PM.

heh, heh...

well put....

Re: Mac OS 11 w/ new expose? or Windows 2004?

Originally posted by archiea
    Mac OS 11 w/ new expose? or Windows 2004?[/url]
    You must be confused there is no Windows 2004. The next version of Windows code named Longhorn ships in 2005.
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

Re: Re: Mac OS 11 w/ new expose? or Windows 2004?

Originally posted by WizCraker
    You must be confused there is no Windows 2004. The next version of Windows code named Longhorn ships in 2005.
    Wow, it's a long time between drinks, isn't it?

Oh you propellerheads know what I mean.... It was a play on windows 98 and 2000....

Shall we next discuss the scientific inaccuracies of the warp drive system as used in Star Trek?

Wow, it's a long time between drinks, isn't it?
    yah, kind of like our favorite 3d app aye?
    zw
    www.zachtv.com

Laptop HP zd8080 / P4 3.4 ghz / 2gb Ram / ATI x600
    Wrkstn Dell / P4 2.8ghz / 2gb RAM / nVidia Quadro 900 XGL
    Wrkstn HP a1540n / AMD 64 X2 4200 / 2gb RAM/ ATI x1900 256mb video

Uuuggh I hate Real Player with a vengence.

Well what other choice do you have on Linux? Windows Media and Quicktime aren't supported, but Real is. There are hacks that will allow QT and WM to play back, but they aren't very reliable.

Interestingly, MS demoed some similar stuff in 1999 called Task Gallery. Apparently they got very positive feedback from their testers, but for some reason decided not to use it
    Someone from another forum posted a link to an animated gif: http://research.microsoft.com/adapt/...window_ops.gif

Very cool, thanks for the link. Is there any more details on this project? Is it actually being seriously developed or is this just a pipe dream?

Originally posted by takkun
    Very cool, thanks for the link. Is there any more details on this project? Is it actually being seriously developed or is this just a pipe dream?
    http://research.microsoft.com/adapt/TaskGallery/
    ImageReality.com

"Relax...it's just an update for the patch to fix the nerf that nerfed the fix for the update of the patch that broke the fix that was fixed."

Late 2013 MacPro 12 Core

hah!! THE VIDEO NO LONGER WORKS.. THAT SO MICROSOFT!!

sorry for shouting....

wizcracker, actually I was talking about the looking glass thing. But nevermind, I found out what I wanted to find out.

And that task gallery thing looks terrible. blech!

Originally posted by archiea
    hah!! THE VIDEO NO LONGER WORKS.. THAT SO MICROSOFT!!

sorry for shouting....
    Meh? :P

Works fine here.

Since Windows 2000 Professional there has been no need for a new OS on the PC side. I still don't see why we need a new one ( even XP is totally unnecessary ) other than for Microsoft to make more money.

Apple on the other hand simply can't get it right and releases updates every few months it seems. Charging people $100 to test their alpha software full of bugs.

How is your Lightwave running on OSX 10.3 and G5.
    Great job Steve.
    A responsible company would not ( EVER ) release a version of the OS which completely breaks a program like Lightwave.
    They would test things properly and wait until things are fixed ( in other words, they would have worked with Newtek before releasing this POS OS )

And I propose again that Newtek should abandon Apple and concentrate on developing Lightwave only for PC.

It's Apple and its idiocy causing version 8 to be late.
    We could have already had it, but they can't release PC only version. So drop that crap platform and use resources to improve PC side. With these improvements it will be very easy to gain new customers and make up what you lose on Mac side , after all it's only 2% of unreasonable dorks who insist on using Macs only.
    The remaining 3% of Mac market already uses PCs alongside Macs too or are willing to switch to PC to use lightwave.

Very little to lose and a lot to gain. Hasn't hurt Max or Maya much, has it ( Max is PC only and Maya's top end is also PC only )
    Last edited by CaptainKirk; 12-12-2003 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast