Thread: Why does Advanced Auto trim imported clips???

Why does Advanced Auto trim imported clips???

Having just installed Advanced on the 8000 that we use for the news show, I have learned the hard way that it now trims each clip that is imported by 1 second both head and tail. It made every package including the show open start late. The user manual says that it is to accommodate for transitions.........but that does not work as far as I see. If I cue to the start of talk and try a 2 second transition my clip talk starts at the beginning of the transition (before I see the clip) Yea, I know that I am not explaining it very well, but this has caused quite a hassle for us. I REALLY don't want the 8000 to auto trim my clips either head or tail. Is there a way to turn this annoying update off? Help!

It does that to accommodate transitions inside the DDR in playlist mode. So, if you were playing 10 clips in a row in the DDR, you could have dissolves or other transitions between them. Other folks had the same reaction and I believe the default behavior is being changed. In the meantime, if you hit the "g" key on the keyboard, it will restore the full length of the clip in the DDR.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Quote Originally Posted by kltv View Post
    ... if you hit the "g" key on the keyboard, it will restore the full length of the clip in the DDR.
    Assuming you have selected the clip first ... (you can hit Ctrl + a, then "g" and reset i/o points for an entire playlist at once.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks guys..... While I did know about the "g" key the Ctrl+ a and s will surfice. Sure hope we get a chance to turn it off in the future. I will never use automated clip transitions in my newcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by gegillam View Post
    Thanks guys..... While I did know about the "g" key the Ctrl+ a and s will surfice.
    Man, what was I thinking when I typed that ("Ctrl + s" - I meant"g", of course (unmodified).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")