Thread: NevronMotion using own skeleton??

NevronMotion using own skeleton??

Is it possible for me to create my own skeleton in modeler and then in Layout retarget it with Nevron motion. Or do I have to use the genoma rig?
    I looked at the name of the bones on the genoma rig in modeler and renamed my own skelegon bones with the same prefix. I then opened up layout and it retargeted, but nothing moved when the bvh skeleton moved. It works with the Genoma rig, so why not my own? Am I doing something wrong? (Very likely)

Nevron currently only supports the genoma Nevron rig, and it does not retarget fingers.

The only way you can retarget a custom rig currently is a combination of same as item constraints, IK with pole targets, and other similar tools. You will have to set this up manually, and understand the entire workflow revolving around saving, loading, and adjusting mocap animations to your custom character rigs.

Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Thanks for the info. Are there any plans you know of for nevron to incorporate custom rigs in the future? Would be great if they did. I'll stick with genoma for now and tweek that a bit. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by genesis1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Are there any plans you know of for nevron to incorporate custom rigs in the future? Would be great if they did. I'll stick with genoma for now and tweek that a bit. Thanks again.
    I'm pretty sure it is at least on the table, but how high priority it is to put into Lightwave a universal retargeting system is unknown.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave