Thread: Nevron Motion problem in lightwave

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nevron Motion problem in lightwave

I am having a huge problem in Lightwave with nevron motion. I am using the xbox one kinect and I need to know if there is some calibration required on the kinect itself? I load up the scene provided by newtek that has the green rig but the right leg is always rotating around for some reason.

I was told it was position of the camera and have moved it all over with the same result. Has anybody else had success with the "KinectOne_Skeleton_SKL0" scene?

Also is there a way to do mirror with this kinect? I know the old one had the option to mirror so if you move your left arm it moved the characters left arm but there is no option for this. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I am having a huge problem in Lightwave with nevron motion. I am using the xbox one kinect and I need to know if there is some calibration required on the kinect itself? I load up the scene provided by newtek that has the green rig but the right leg is always rotating around for some reason.
    No calibration is required, since it is just streaming data it collects from a 2d image. I have a feeling this is something that needs a bug report, it is also possible KinectONE support is provided, but not quite finished given there is no documentation of this in the Nevron manual, and the only mention of KinectONE compatibility was in a newsletter a few months ago.

As far as mirroring goes, I'm assuming this is also not implemented and there's no easy way of doing it at this time.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post
    No calibration is required, since it is just streaming data it collects from a 2d image. I have a feeling this is something that needs a bug report, it is also possible KinectONE support is provided, but not quite finished given there is no documentation of this in the Nevron manual, and the only mention of KinectONE compatibility was in a newsletter a few months ago.

As far as mirroring goes, I'm assuming this is also not implemented and there's no easy way of doing it at this time.
    I am sorry I did not see your post earlier. I got busy and I agree with you that I think it needs a bug report. I have pulled up kinectone sdk and been on many kinect forums and when using their software it works just fine. Can you send me the link to do a bug report? Thanks
    Last edited by Airwaves; 01-25-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post

Ryan, I submitted a bug report and they were super fast and got back with me the following morning. They explained that it is a recording issue receiving information directly from the Kinect One device. "This is happening because there is not support for any smooth option for the Kinect One yet." Also mirror is not available yet but it sounds like I can do a temporary fix by setting the Left and Right foot rotation to 0.

I am going to test this today. Thanks for all your help Ryan.

I found where it is. It is under the nevron motion forum main right at the top. I don't know how I missed it.