Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Share FiberFX results!

My recommendation... Go with the nose as your brush away from surface. How
    BiasComb chooses it's origin point is that it uses the center point of the bounding box of the comb away surface, then chooses the z- value that puts it farther away from the center of the model. If you were to move it to the nose, it would probably give better results (This was the typical usage in Sasquatch. Also, you could use multiple combing passes, using average instead of overwrite. The next revision should handle effectors and falloffs for multiple combing passes, along with any bug fixes.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    My recommendation... Go with the nose as your brush away from surface.
    So are you saying instead of having different areas - i should have one localised area at a time to be the comb-away datum
    "one rig to rule them all"
    PC Spec: Intel i7 X980 3.33GHz | 24Gb | ATI FirePro V5800 | W7
    https://vimeo.com/kevbarnes/showreel
    https://littlstar.com/kevbarnes
    https://www.talenthouse.com/kevbarnes

Hey, Steve! Finally tried it out and I think this is pretty cool. At first I got the same error Kevbarnes got, but in my case I guess I selected the wrong bias map. When I chose Fur_bias_rm, the Show Bias script worked perfectly!

Just wondering: why are there two bias maps in my object, Fur_bias and Fur_bias_rm? I understand that rm means this is a new remapped map, but I'm not sure why that happened since my object did not have an existing bias map to start.

If that doesn't make sense, I'll try again later and make sure I'm following the steps correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbarnes View Post
    So are you saying instead of having different areas - i should have one localised area at a time to be the comb-away datum
    Yes, that's exactly it. I would also try to keep things down the ZY plane, for symmetry. That way, you can select things in pairs.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 05-02-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Hey, Steve! Finally tried it out and I think this is pretty cool. At first I got the same error Kevbarnes got, but in my case I guess I selected the wrong bias map. When I chose Fur_bias_rm, the Show Bias script worked perfectly!

Just wondering: why are there two bias maps in my object, Fur_bias and Fur_bias_rm? I understand that rm means this is a new remapped map, but I'm not sure why that happened since my object did not have an existing bias map to start.

If that doesn't make sense, I'll try again later and make sure I'm following the steps correctly.
    Ok, I'm going to have to see what's going on with that error; It shouldn't be happening AT ALL. ShowBias shouldn't work the the remapped bias map at all. Time to look at my code...

I create the two maps side-by-side automatically. I could make that a option (like a check box) in the next revision.

**edit** Ok, I can see where the error is coming from. I made the dangerous assumption that every point would be mapped with the bias map, when in fact, some points are not (BiasComb ignores vertices under certain conditions). Time to make a fix and test it out (namely, using an .ismapped query before getting the bias value...).
    Last edited by Kryslin; 05-02-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Ok, to avoid an encounter with Mr. Bowie, I've started a thread down in 3rd party for this stuff...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....lin-s-lScripts
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not FiberFX, some amazing graphics shader doing grass (realtime, likely rough on the GPU): https://twitter.com/Ibuprogames/stat...44063657799680
    -Nick
    audio: Ö Ī wk Py

nice!

hopefully LW2017 will have fast AA,

AA for grass in LightWave is a showstopper as of now, takes way too long to render
    Last edited by erikals; 05-23-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Sorry to barge in but as I can see a lot of FiberFX professionals in this thread I really need help with this http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....97#post1508197

My haircut on a character, rendered with Octane! Let me know what you guys think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meisje_01.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	137206
    Ruud Zeelenberg

WizzArt Animations

Looks good
    Push the software, don't let it push YOU!
    My own plugins and work:www.mikegreen.name
    LaptopSetup:corei7 2.4GHz nvidia GT 650M 8Gig win8 64
    WorkSetup:core i7 3.4Ghz nvidia Quadro 2000 12Gig Ram Win7

if someone wants to give it a test-run in LW2018
    just added a model, curves are pretty much the same

Attached Files Attached Files

weird...why did they put so much effort on the new hair fiberfx, but not supplying any hair surface presets? or did I miss something here?

not sure, maybe they did, however not in the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    not sure, maybe they did, however not in the trial.
    Donīt know what that should be good for?

Anyway, took a step back to blender and messing with hair there, I am not that fond of what I see in quality right now for the hair in lightwave it may be that it takes a lot of work to get it right, the Lion was nice, but thatīs a different story from long human hair with hair guides, and when you know the inside out, it may be very capable..but I donīt find it easy to get there, and apart from that..GI and path tracing taking very long to refresh in VPR....If I compare to blender, then I think I would give cycles the upper hand here, both in speed of path tracer and GI and the quality of the hair, but itsītoo soon to say, unfortunately I do not think I may be able to try it all out until trial goes out, maybe if most of the features are still there when it goes discovery.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast