Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Share FiberFX results!

yes right image looking way better.
    only thing when you got thin parts and it looks too flat..as seen in one of the braids.

where is the project files on that site?
    I can´t see it down at the bottom of the page where it says it should be, thought I need login, but since I wan´t a member and then tried to login, the registration process is not possible..weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Here are my best efforts with FiberFX to date.

Attachment 132246Attachment 132247
    It reminds me the "Inside out" characters' skin.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureña
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

prometheus, wrong thread.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    prometheus, wrong thread.
    Yeah I noticed ..way later.

related, creating guides manually

related, creating guides manually

I would probably just use more straight hairguides and use bullet or cloth dynamics, combined with some curl options...nice tips though, it offers exact control anyway..which can be harder with dynamics.
    Or just draw some spiral curls and combine with bullet, might need a lower object resolution invisibible cage for the body to avoid slow sim times.

one more...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I would probably just use more straight hairguides and use bullet or cloth dynamics, combined with some curl options...nice tips though, it offers exact control anyway..which can be harder with dynamics.
    Or just draw some spiral curls and combine with bullet, might need a lower object resolution invisibible cage for the body to avoid slow sim times.
    i might very well get back to that... 
    Last edited by erikals; 09-19-2016 at 01:32 PM.

just played a bit with stronger light percentage, area lights, ngon lights, +more specular / gloss

a micro-tweak, but felt it gave more depth.
    There's something going on at the ends of your hair, which looks quite "off". Everything's narrowing down to a relatively few tufts, which is kind of the opposite of what happens in real hair (where you wind up with contiguous edges/volumes of ends of strands, instead of narrowing back into groups of tufts (hope that makes sense, if not let me know and I can try to explain further). In other words, dry hair (even with product/hairspray) doesn't normally spread out and then return back to being in tufts unless there's something physically gathering the hair at the ends. The hair as is almost looks "wet" at the ends. If you're intentionally modeling "wet" hair, then that's fine, but I didn't get the impression that was your goal. For "dry" hair, the behavior at the ends looks... well, "off" is the best way I can describe it (IMO, ofc).\

Perhaps as another, better way of explaining the issue: The volume of hair shown around the middle of the strands appears much greater than the volume of hair towards the end of the strands, which doesn't make sense -- the area occupied by all the strands in the middle, lacking something physically gathering the hair (explicit knots/braids, or whatever) should be the same as the area occupied by the ends of the strands.

What's occurring kind of looks as though towards the ends of the strands, more and more strands spatially overlap until there's only a few strands-worth (but with a bunch of strands occupying each strand's space). If you don't understand what I mean, let me know, and I can make a few quick diagrams to show the problem.

No idea how to fix in FFX, but wanted to at least make you aware of it, in case you weren't. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by jwiede; 09-19-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I will get back on showcasing the blender hair to lightwave later..but not until the weekend I think.
    Thanks for the tips erikals.

jwiede, thanks, yes, that might very well be. focused on the shading only. but notes taken.

prometheus, u welcome!
    cool. 5 days to wait ha? looking forward to the preview.

jwiede, thanks, yes, that might very well be. focused on the shading only. but notes taken.

prometheus, u welcome!
    cool. 5 days to wait ha? looking forward to the preview.
    Oh..sh...t, now I made a promise I have to keep
    I am right now busy with some cleaning and some other stuff tonight and two days ahead, so I am just sporadicly posting messages ..which I don´t have time with.

busy with some cleaning and some other stuff
    cleaning can wait.

cleaning can wait.
    Not really, the cockroaches can´t even live in my filth..it´s that bad...Not

Just wanted to jump in with more blender suggestions, since you were projecting curves here.
    If you use the grease pencil in blender you could draw directly on any surface, you have to go to grease pencil in the tool panel, draw, then data source set to object, stroke placement set to surface..when you do that the draw tool becomes inactive..so you have to click oncemore on draw, they you should be able to draw on any surface object and it projects on the surface while drawing..so that is nice.
    to convert, you have the convert options under tools (beneath stroke placement) ..so tools, convert, and you will get a popup menu of path, bezier or polygon curve, I choosed polygon curve.
    Then just export the file out as obj, and load to lightwave modeler, and you can select the edges, convert to poly selection and copy and paste to other layers if needed, then run px c worm if you want tubes etc...or run ume tube point etc.
    for fiberfx you should not copy in polygon mode, but in edge mode.

this doesn´t take long to record..so I may pull that off tomorrow night, but it´s hockeynight tonight and still some cleaning.

Hey Ruud and jboudreau,

In the spirit of sharing, I've attached my version of the hair you posted at the beginning of the thread. After a lot of trail by error, I managed to resize and adjust the strands in your hair to fit the V4 figure by DAZ.

2016 lang haar golvend_01.zip

Here's a test movie I did with V4 walking and your hair attached. The color needs work, but I was not focused on that. I used ClothFx to animate the hair this time. I'll try using Bullet a little later. Although I think it came out pretty good, it needs more hair guides for the specific hair style, and I'm working on some base hairs that will fill in the gabs when the styling hairs bounce and move about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sarah Hair Test.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	135941

Test Sarha Hair.zip

As you can see, I finally managed to figure out how to attach the hair guides to a character animated by an MDD or other animation cache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TKCdftEM-c
    Last edited by Oldcode; 02-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast