Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Production van / truck

Quote Originally Posted by JonCrowe View Post
    Here's a link to an article profiling the one I built for our facility.

http://www.governmentvideo.com/artic...vehicle/115542
    Jonathan I see you got a little more ink today in the local paper!

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...rt_river_index

I will tune in tonight and see your truck in action!

Nice broadcast. I love the graphics.
    Common Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40, 460, TC 1
    Time Warp TW42
    Cameras: Sony PXWX70, Newtek PTZ / HX
    Cable Solution:Coax HD_SDI & IP
    Newtek Spark HDMI
    Teradek Cube 105
    Chevy City Express Van

I watched as well. I like how you have a platform that takes what now a days would be a webcast and distribute it out to the local access TV station. Very cool concept.

I have a local school station in my home town and we have done stuff on delay and they also take our radio feed for live events but we have never tried to send live video to them. If you don't mind me asking, what was the setup/connection for sending the video signal to air?

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    We have a channel on both of the local cable providers (Comcast, and WOW) here in Huntsville. We broadcast a variety of educational and informational programming 24/7 on each channel. Our broadcast facility at ETV is tied via fiber back to both cable companies' head-end. So, when we do a remote production, all we have to do is get the signal back to ETV. In the case of the basketball game last night, it was played at a Huntsville City Schools venue. All Huntsville City Schools' facilities are networked together, so once we tied into the network at the gymnasium, it was easy to have the "signal" back into master control at ETV. We are using the Streambox as our HD-SDI to ip encoder/decoder. This is used whenever live events are sent back via a "network", that network can be over intranet as described above or over the internet if needed. Our live truck is equipped with an enterprise class KA satellite terminal which gives us a more robust and reliable internet connection as compared to cellular or bonded cellular (which the truck also has). This connection is used for "away" games or any event that doesn't take place at a HCS location. The KA terminal is also convertible to a KU terminal, so if a traditional satellite shot is required that can be accomplished as well.

The encoder for the webstream is located at ETV, so after the signal arrives from the live venue, not only does it feed the cable channels, but the live webcast as well.

Jon
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

But Jef the question is "does the Prevost handle as well as the Mini did"? Hope all is well w/ you in Beaumont....look forward to buying you a beer at NAB

Chris Lines
    Southwest Audio Visual
    Springfield MO
    www.southwestav.com

Hey Jon, do you or any other people on here have any recommendations for vehicle mounted KA satellite systems? Also, any rough ideas on pricing and upload/download bandwidth speeds? We'd like to have a system that stores as flat as possible on top of a van roof and auto points and deploys. We have a Teradek Cube encoder / decoder pair that we could use to convert our Tricaster to IP and then back to SDI at our headend if you think that would be ok to use with a KA setup.

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by rg7fan View Post
    But Jef the question is "does the Prevost handle as well as the Mini did"? Hope all is well w/ you in Beaumont....look forward to buying you a beer at NAB

Chris Lines
    Southwest Audio Visual
    Springfield MO
    www.southwestav.com
    Me too Chris. I looks like I might be making it this year. Been 2 years without ...

Oh and answer to the question is the Prevost definitely doesn't handle the same as the Mini. Just wait till you see my latest builds we are working on. One is incredibly quick and agile and one is completely a classic.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Did my first video shoot with the van today. Man it was nice to pull up roll out the cables and set up a couple of tripods. Worked like a champ.
    Common Gear Used:
    TriCaster: 40, 460, TC 1
    Time Warp TW42
    Cameras: Sony PXWX70, Newtek PTZ / HX
    Cable Solution:Coax HD_SDI & IP
    Newtek Spark HDMI
    Teradek Cube 105
    Chevy City Express Van

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12