Thread: Center Object Appears Stationary In Flocking

Center Object Appears Stationary In Flocking

I have a scene I'm working on where orb satellites are acting like a swarm of bees. I want them to come in the scene from behind the camera and appear haphazardly, all over the place. I want them to move in zed space towards the main building. As they move towards it I want the swarm to tighten and look more cohesive, Like a trail of ants.
    The problems I'm having is first the main orb I put in instancer does not move with the swarm. All the instances move but the one orb just sits in the middle of the screen. How do I get rid of it or have it move with the others? Can I have individual control of each individual instance?
    Also what settings in flocking are used so the objects don't overlap and still interact? Once they flock they are to perfectly aligned. Each equidistant from one another. I want them to have a little individual randomness. Any help on achieving the the above goal would be of great help.
    Thanks to everyone who has been helping me out with flocking. I'm finally getting there.
    Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 9.21.11 PM.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	131407  

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo24 View Post
    How do I get rid of it or have it move with the others?
    In the old editor, there's a checkbox column shown with a checkbox symbol. Uncheck it for the instanced object, this will make it not render, but leave the instances intact.

In the new scene editor, select the object being instanced and uncheck "A" (active).
    Last edited by Ryan Roye; 12-09-2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave