Thread: Nevron, Genoma rig, and CMU BVH files. A pole vector issue

Nevron, Genoma rig, and CMU BVH files. A pole vector issue

Okay, the first of what will probably be numerous questions as I start to get comfortable with Nevron and the associated Genoma mocap rig.

I brought in one of my humanoid models, gave it the Genoma rig, and imported one of the CMU BVH files optimized for Motion Builder. Actually, for the most part, things are going great. It's been pretty easy to get this rolling with one small annoyance: the pole vector controllers created via Genoma.

I'm using match goal IK for the feet, and the pole vector control boxes are generated way too close to the legs. There is a lot of flipping when the character walks. I can manually slide them away, which fixes it so long as the character walks a straight line. As soon as it makes a big turn (like a 180 to walk back the other way) the new key frames for the pole vector controllers have them on the wrong side of the model. As it stands now I'm having to keep adding key frames to those controllers to keep them both behind the character and far enough away to prevent knee flipping.

Is this something we're really supposed to have to manage ad hoc with keyframes, or is there either a setting to get the controllers to be generated a proper distance away or some straightforward way to move them out after generation while keeping their relative position behind the character?

This may end up being something embarrassingly easy to fix but I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. I'd like to learn the right way to do this.

Many thanks in advance!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Well, there may be an elegant solution for this issue, but I just used brute force. Added a null parented to the hips and just reparented all the pole controllers to that. Done.

Still would be nice to have some control over where Genoma puts them, as well as all the hands, fingers and toes controllers (which also default to a tiny 5mm and aren't all in convenient places. Kind of a pain to do all the cleanup of moving and resizing them to useful spots and sizes).
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis