Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did anyone use the kinect-one device with the last Nevronmotion version (Nov. 2015)

You can also use IK and Constraints to override parts of a peformance to improve its accuracy.

For example, in B2, when Sergeant is playing his harmonica, I pantomimed this motion by imagining a very large harmonica. The recorded motion was close to what I wanted but the mouth and paws were not really aligned with the CG harmonica so I used constraints on the head and paws to make the performance look more correct. The mocapped data is still there in the final animation but it's been enhanced with IK for accuracy. (I used Motion Builder to edit this performance but you should be able to do it in LightWave too.)

You clearly have plenty of MoCap tricks up the sleeve! I have some iffy mocap walk cycles that need the feet sticking to the floor - I guess the IK trick will work for something like that too. You should do a commercial 'Working with MoCap in Lightwave' video - I'm sure there a plenty of folks who need that knowledge now Neveron was given away.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Thanks! Yes, like Felix the Cat, I have a bag of tricks for almost any occasion.

I keep threatening to make more tutorials but I still have two big personal projects to complete. When they're done, more tutorials and maybe even full training courses is going to be my next goal.

G.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123