Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genoma 2 multi-Character issues

I agree.

Genoma in LW 2015 worked perfectly for what I needed today because this script existed. I would not have gone this route if it looked like I was going to spend any more time than I did. And my uncertainty about compatibility is why I avoided doing this task in LW 2020.

BTW, anybody know if RHiggit is working in LW 2020? I haven't had time to try it in LW 2020 yet but I suspect it's broken too?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    BTW, anybody know if RHiggit is working in LW 2020? I haven't had time to try it in LW 2020 yet but I suspect it's broken too?
    RHiggit apparently also suffers from the "lscript nullshape issue" (API return for lscript nullshape changed). While certain sub-commands/aspects might still work, key components/commands do not because they try to create/assign custom-shape nulls (leading to script failure). The changes required are fairly minor (return struct field ordering), but unclear if fixes are coming any time soon.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Thanks for detailed reply jweide!

Hmm, that's really unfortunate. I hope there's a fix for RHiggit in the works for LW 2020, even if it's a paid upgrade.

And, of course, I'd like a fix for Genoma too! (I have my own license of RHiggit Pro at home but we don't have it at my workplace.)

...And my uncertainty about compatibility is why I avoided doing this task in LW 2020...
    Hi,
    has anyone tested whether it works in LW 2020? Just because LScript will not be further developed after LW 2020 it does not mean that it has to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Too bad it is an LScript that becomes unusable from LW2021 onwards...
    We don't know when LScript will become unusable. From Bob Hoods post on Lightwave3d blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hood on the Lightwave3d blog
    ...First, while the LScript language will continue to be included with LightWave, its code will no longer receive updates or bug fixes; and second, the LScript system will be removed from LightWave in a later, to-be-determined release...
    ciao
    Thomas
    Web: www.dieleinwandhelden.com

I use two pieces of the three-piece application with mocap module.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Leitner View Post
    Hi,
    has anyone tested whether it works in LW 2020? Just because LScript will not be further developed after LW 2020 it does not mean that it has to be broken.
    Alas, there was an lscript API change introduced with LW2020 that broke how nullshape changes work (changed the field order incompatibly in the returned struct), and that's what's caused problems for both Genoma and RHiggit(Pro).

The lscript deprecation isn't actually the current problem, it just makes additional future API breaks much more likely as well.
    John W.

While I was converting some of my lscripts over to python, I found, after much investigation, another way to set the item shape of a null. I've done a slightly more than cursory examination of the documentation, and couldn't find a mention of this alternate way. Instead of mucking about with the comring, there is a command version which you can plug in all the parameters required and the item shape gets applied. I documented this down in the Python Scripting forum. It could probably work in lScript, too.

AFAIK, RHiggit2 doesn't need to read the item shapes, it just sets them. If you need to read the item shapes, you could write out the plugins settings then read them back in.

That would save a few hundred lines of code to do so. And if the command remains the same in the future, it should be easier to maintain compatibility.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Thanks for detailed reply jweide!

Hmm, that's really unfortunate. I hope there's a fix for RHiggit in the works for LW 2020, even if it's a paid upgrade.

And, of course, I'd like a fix for Genoma too! (I have my own license of RHiggit Pro at home but we don't have it at my workplace.)
    All kinda a moot point if Craig doesn't resurface.

The RHiggit Body Builder won't even launch in 2020. There were a couple things that got "Maimed" in 2019 too but for the most part is working quite well. Not able to save out poses as a txt file with the Animation Toolbox for example, but works quite well with Load Items from Scene of just the characters hierarc. Use the whole rig or just sections. 2019 is a bit touchy with some of the curve clean up tools. Saving the scene just before Flattening Holds for example seems to do the trick.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Alas, there was an lscript API change introduced with LW2020 that broke how nullshape changes work (changed the field order incompatibly in the returned struct), and that's what's caused problems for both Genoma and RHiggit(Pro).

The lscript deprecation isn't actually the current problem, it just makes additional future API breaks much more likely as well.
    I heard about the problems of RHiggit with LScript in LW 2020. The question was whether “RenameIKFKControls. ls” still works under LW 2020. Has anyone tested it?

ciao
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Leitner View Post
    I heard about the problems of RHiggit with LScript in LW 2020. The question was whether “RenameIKFKControls. ls” still works under LW 2020. Has anyone tested it?
    Based on a 10-second test of using same lscript steps of select-by-name and rename on an arbitrary null, "RenameIKFKControls.ls" by itself should still work in LW2020 (at least on Mac), but usually best to verify locally.
    John W.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Based on a 10-second test of using same lscript steps of select-by-name and rename on an arbitrary null, "RenameIKFKControls.ls" by itself should still work in LW2020 (at least on Mac), but usually best to verify locally.
    Thank you for testing.

ciao
    Thomas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123