Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genoma 2 multi-Character issues

Angry Genoma 2 multi-Character issues

Hey all, long time no post. I've been digging into Genoma and i'm really liking how the g2 human rig works from a setup standpoint. So i foolishly went ahead and setup 2 characters that have to live in the same scene together.

:|

Didn't know that they wouldn't work together in the scene. They don't sure a base name but i'm having a couple of issues i can't seem to figure out.

1) When i creates the skeletons/controllers it doesn't pull in the mesh name as a prefix. Thats kinda a bummer
    2) I've tried renaming all or some or most of the skelegons in Modeler with a prefix but that then breaks the setup (usually fails on armikplane). I'm assuming this is becaues those items had the MODELNAME_ prefix added in front of them.

Looking at the Genoma unity example with the rename script.. is that REALLY how one has to go about using multiple characters in a scene? There's no real logical way to determine all the bits that need renaming.

Has anyone had any success using this rig multiple times in a scene? And if so do you have any advice? I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to get some shots done and really can't get anything done at this point. Something that was supposed to save a ton of time has created a BLOCKER in the workflow.

Appreciate any help i can get!
    Cheers!

Yes, Genoma is name specific. Without unique names expressions will break. See if this thread helps.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....ue-help-needed
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Yep, gotta rename things. Only way.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

And this no way to do this in modeler? Curious as to why the rig doesn't prefix on creation...

I think you can do it in modeler by selecting all the parts and using the genoma add prefix/suffix tools.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

It has to be selective which is the issue. For instance, the arms when adding Ik can't have a prefix beyond left or right. It's not the expressions... Those are baseline ok. It's the objects. I've tried renaming the entire hierarchy and reassigning but then I get odd errors (one noted above). So I thought selectively renaming all the controllers... But that breaks too. It's quite frustrating especially since all the scripts are compiled and they can be edited or reviewed. :/

renaming doesn't work. The search names for ok controls are hard coded. For instance you can't rename Left_armikgoalctrl anything as it's looking for the name implicitly. Seems as though if there was a was as part of the processor to add a naming convention that this tool might actually be useful. Right now it's just a toy.

You CAN rename stuff... but you have to make sure the names are referenced properly in the associated expressions, and, if you want to have 2 characters in the same scene, then each must have its own set of individually named expressions. Having done this though, ofc, the plugins to edit the rig wont work as it doesnt know the new names... so this has to be done as a last step after everything has been finalised.

You can always try RHiggit... it has none of these issues.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Hmm I'll need to dig in on how the expressions are being created. It's the @ikfkarm tag that looks to be causing the issue because it's wanting those specific names. The expressions themselves are named independatly but the references within are the issue.

Hahaha nice plug btw. I might have to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by bpritchard View Post
    The expressions themselves are named independatly but the references within are the issue.
    Both are the issue... You need to have independently named items for there not be a conflict in the expressions, and you need independently named expressions for there not be a conflict between the characters.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Rhiggit all the way
    Gary Chike

I guess I'm still unclear. I can rename all of the skelegons No problem.. But I have no way of editing the base expressions being used in the construction of the arms.... Which is the break point. The expressions do name differently based on the model... Perhaps I'm missing the edit expression button in modeler?

And now 2 votes for rhiggit!

You need to do the renaming in layout, not modeler. (I checked and noted that while you can do the prefix/suffix thing in modeler, the layout side doesnt respect it, and create rig breaks).
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Gotcha... Well that's painful. once that happens really can't make any rig changes to animated scenes....

No... as I said, renaming MUST be done last, once the rig is considered final, as you can't perform any changes thereafter.
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast