Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LW2016 - Is Chronosculpt development Dead?

LW2016 - Is Chronosculpt development Dead?

I know about the programmer leaving etc, etc.

So is Chronosculpt dead, are you guys going to improve anything with it?
    I'm always 100% right!!!

I'm sure it would make things more cluttered, but incorporate it into the new 2016 and beyond? That would probably be a price thing.

Ooops so quiet on this part of the forum I forgot I had posted something. The fact the post gets no answers says it all, thanks for your money invested.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

wouldn't surprise me if Chrono tech gets to be implemented into LightWave at a later stage... LW2018 ?

if you will get a discount? not sure...
    Last edited by erikals; 11-06-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I think that would be awesome to incorporate. I don't own it, but have many many times seen the need for it, doing organic animation. I don't know how well NT is doing selling seperate programs. Too much for them to handle? With the unified engine, however it works, I would think chronosculpt could fit right in. Good things to come!

I would like to know if they will continue with Chronosculpt as well. I am very close to making a purchase but am concerned and have several questions about what will happen to it if I buy it and it becomes part of Lightwave 2016. For now I will try the 30 day trial and see how it goes. I make lots of videos with dynamics in them and while they are little kid videos and not too complex it would be nice to edit things like soft body dynamics.

Right now I have a sheep being launched into a pillow and I have spent 12 hours changing settings trying to not let it go through it or bounce off. I think Chronosculpt would help with this I am hoping.

if they do not reply to it, it's gone, i believe...

kinda like SpeedEdit...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I do not have as much experience as most people on the forums but Newtek has always been good to me and the money spent has been well worth it. I will do the 30 day trial and if it is helpful in my work I will pay for it.

Anybody know of good tutorials for this? The ones they have up on youtube do not explain a ton. Any tutorial is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    if they do not reply to it, it's gone, i believe...

kinda like SpeedEdit...
    I would accept a comment from somebody that the road is closed and it will not be developed further. I would be annoyed but I could get over it, silence is a cowardly way of dealing with it.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I do not have as much experience as most people on the forums but Newtek has always been good to me and the money spent has been well worth it. I will do the 30 day trial and if it is helpful in my work I will pay for it.
    That would be best idea. It is very useful as it stands the program, it's just a shame the stonewall of silence from a development front.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Can you guys tell me a quick how to on Chronosculpt. I created a simple scene with a ground plane object and some cubes falling just to test it out. I have about 15 cubes (copies of same object) and I selected them all and went to deformations and md baker and got the mdd files. How in the world do I get the scene in chronosculpt?

I have tried dragging in those objects into chronosculpt but nothing happens when I drag in the mdd files from the vertacache folder. How do you get a scene of dynamics loaded into Chronosculpt? I can drag in just the lwo file for the object but that is just one and does nothing with the mdd file.

Does chronosculpt not work if you have many copies of the same object in a scene?
    Last edited by Airwaves; 11-13-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Load cache file from file menu, it has never failed yet as long as the .mdd cache point count matches the object files point count.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	130978

In your case each object would need it's own vert cache baked if they are seperate objects. Try instancing the one object and add some randomisation or jitter to the animation of the instances maybe.
    Last edited by Luc_Feri; 11-13-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

I will try the instancing again. In the past it seems too hard to use and get right. Thank you so much for your answer. It was very helpful and sorry it took me a few days to respond thanking you.

yeah with all the huge changes I can bet that CS will be incorporated inside of layout. . .some year. That way we can use more high performance animation tools along with the point cache editing.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 11-14-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast