Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LW2016 - Is Chronosculpt development Dead?

I certanly hope they will continue its developement. It is very usefull, no matter what 3DCC software you use as a base.

Even if it gets implemented in LW in some form, granted, LW-users will not need it... thing is... there are plenty of users/studios out there, not using LW, that could make use of Chronosculpt, especially if LW3DG can showcase that they are developing the product.

If LW3DG doesn't, it's their loss.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    I certanly hope they will continue its developement. It is very usefull, no matter what 3DCC software you use as a base.

Even if it gets implemented in LW in some form, granted, LW-users will not need it... thing is... there are plenty of users/studios out there, not using LW, that could make use of Chronosculpt, especially if LW3DG can showcase that they are developing the product.

If LW3DG doesn't, it's their loss.
    yeah that too That is a market to consider.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I don't think the forums are monitored by Technical Assistance at all: have you directly contacted LW3dG thru your account page? (Sorry if this has been answered.)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    yeah with all the huge changes I can bet that CS will be incorporated inside of layout. . .some year. That way we can use more high performance animation tools along with the point cache editing.
    If that is the case maybe I will wait before purchasing. See what the next version of Lightwave has before I buy chronosculpt. I am also finding this is amazing software but not completely necessary for what I do but it does save me time on certain things like dynamics.

That's it Airwaves exactly, it is a very useful tool as it stands but not essential.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If that is the case maybe I will wait before purchasing. See what the next version of Lightwave has before I buy chronosculpt. I am also finding this is amazing software but not completely necessary for what I do but it does save me time on certain things like dynamics.
    ChronoSculpt does do a bang up job now however for fixing things and creating some interesting effects by hand. My original point was to point out the fact that it would be far more useful if there were more deformers available in CS such as joints, constraints and field weighting and weight maps. Granted one must keep poly counts and LODs manageable when dealing with with complex setups.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Did you guys end up getting it for free like others who upgraded or purchased LW2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Did you guys end up getting it for free like others who upgraded or purchased LW2015?
    I got it in mine for the licenses I paid for. Awesome Thanksgiving if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I would like to know if they will continue with Chronosculpt as well. I am very close to making a purchase but am concerned and have several questions about what will happen to it if I buy it and it becomes part of Lightwave 2016. For now I will try the 30 day trial and see how it goes. I make lots of videos with dynamics in them and while they are little kid videos and not too complex it would be nice to edit things like soft body dynamics.

Right now I have a sheep being launched into a pillow and I have spent 12 hours changing settings trying to not let it go through it or bounce off. I think Chronosculpt would help with this I am hoping.
    If you dont need to edit point cache today there is no reason to buy into CS anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    If you dont need to edit point cache today there is no reason to buy into CS anyway.
    True! But it does make a great morph target tool. So it's not only for editing point caches! It shreds through high poly count objects for sculpting too. Very happy with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    True! But it does make a great morph target tool. So it's not only for editing point caches! It shreds through high poly count objects for sculpting too. Very happy with it so far.
    yeah morphs are an even more common technology to implement. In CS I was able to create a TPOSE delta from a cached pose, for use in a corrective morph. Unfortunately Layout doesn't handle true correctives very well.

I think Chronosculpt is a bit of a god send in some ways, especially for me recently where I had rigged a character and then noticed an awkward arm twitch in the middle of tge animation. Sent it over to Chrono and fixed in an instant. Also you can add a bit more realism by tweeking certain movements. Its a shame if its dead on developement. Its like Faceshift. Thats a really good software for face animation using the kinnect or similar. Except Apple bought it, the developers said ta very much, and now you can't download/buy the product anymore.
    Sad when really great software goes this way.

Crickets chirping.......................................... .........
    http://doc3d.com

Intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 4 core 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    Intel i7 980x 3.33 GHz 6 core 16GB RAM Dual ATI Radeon 5850 Win 7 64

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Are there tutes from the Chronosculpt vendor?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I think they have some YouTube videos.

But there are actually very few controls in Chronosculpt and it's really easy to use.

The one limitation I ran into with CS was that it doesn't understand rotation, so if you're trying to get selected debris in a bullet sim to spin in a different direction, you can't do that with this tool. It's great for everything else though and really fast with dense meshes and big mdd files.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast